Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I'm confused by what you don't get. There are obviously a lot of people like the xmen films and don't consider it mediocre.

If you don't like it, don't watch it, it won't effect you.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I can tell you are confused.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Haha ok dude.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't often agree with the nonsense you say, lol, including where X-Men films are involved. But, here, you're 100% right. Regardless of how good it ends up being (I'm incredibly pessimistic), it needs to just get released. I don't understand how anyone could want this nearly finished film shelved. If someone doesn't want to see it... Just don't see it. (And, again, this from someone who isn't looking forward to seeing it.)

At this point, they should just do the minimum required to make a movie that can be released. No reason to pull a Solo and pour more money than needed into this project. If anything, the only change I'd be interested in based on the deal is an ending fitting for what'll probably be the end of an era.

Davjs and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  5. Greg

It doesn’t need to be released.

Should it? Sure. Needs to? Nope.

6. Davjs

Trusted

Thanks for the back handed compliment, I'll take it :eh:

Tim and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Tis Chorus.fm after all haha

Davjs likes this.
  8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I don't understand the issue with it being released? It'd be one thing if it just entered production, but it's basically finished. Like other people said, if you don't want to watch the movie, don't watch it. It's not like this is gonna be important to any other movies coming out with the MCU reboot.

9. Tim

I mean, literally no movie in the history of cinema *needed* to be released. Who cares? Such a dumb thing to be stuck on.

10. Greg

Exactly. It doesn’t need released.

11. Tim

And these douche comments that don't add to the conversation don't need to be posted.

Gosh.

slimfenix182, coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  12. Greg

Gee golly.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My gut reactions from the teasers of DoFP and Apocalypse ended up being accurate so I’m actually looking to Dark Phoenix. The teaser, while it’s a cam rip, is pretty good.

14. Greg

Teaser?

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

What evidence do people have of this being a bad movie? I'm confused at the attacks

Davjs likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Due to Simon Kinberg writing/directing it and a spoiler description of the film that was released a few months ago.

The teaser contradicts one of the big spoilers, though.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

A teaser was leaked online yesterday. It’s a cam rip so I would recommend just waiting for the HD version tonight.

Greg likes this.
  19. justin. Sep 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Hi-res poster and synopsis

384EF4B8-5E26-4CB7-AE13-5CB389F48090.jpeg

In DARK PHOENIX, the X-MEN face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling out of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite — not only to save Jean’s soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.

ghostedaway and Davjs like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

Excited for one last Fox X-Men ride!

21. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Hopefully it ends on a high note. I really want this to be done well because I know damn well the MCU won't touch this story for a long time

EDIT: Also Cyclops better be a pivotal character in this. He's probably the biggest player in this story line besides Jean

Davjs likes this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I am probably in the minority here but I would love it if the film ends with Xavier going away or dying and Magneto prepping the X-Men in the danger room. It would be a good way to close the franchise and Magneto would come full circle while referencing the reformation arc in the comics (they could maybe tie that in with New Mutants as well if that's the intention).

23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I would love for it to end with everyone feeling sick and everything just going to dust until the screen is just white. Slight pause. Then, Deadpool walks on at a distance yelling “Hellllllllooooooo?!?” Finally, he shuffles up closer and angrily murmurs, “That mouse better not send me to Netflix.”

Henry and Davjs like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

That would be brilliant.

25. Tim

Me: "Dark Phoenix will probably be bad."

Also me: *planning to stay up late to watch the trailer for Dark Phoenix*

On a related note, I saw First Class on DVD for a dollar recently and still didn't buy it. I know that's a lot of people's favorite X-Men film, but man, I just can't imagine ever rewatching that movie on purpose. It's hard to fully root for Feige's inevitable MCU reboot after Homecoming, but with or without Marvel Studios... I'm so ready for an X-Men film that makes me feel how I personally would want this franchise to make feel.

coleslawed likes this.