Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

I doubt that's the case unless there has been some secret moving about behind the doors. I was looking forward to New Mutants and now I'm hesitant knowing that it won't be connected to anything else.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Man, I'd love to get New Mutants at some point. With these being so close to completion, maybe eventually throwing them up on the Disney streaming service down the road.

3. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Especially when another company had a bid in, too. Unless it was before Comcast countered. But still, that seems odd to me.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The circumstance I could see is that the X-Men franchise was discussed with both Disney and Comcast having their own plans for it so advertisement for Dark Phoenix and New Mutants was put on hold with the release dates being pushed back so Fox can determine its future. If I remember correctly the deal between either Comcast or Disney has always been planned to be finalized this summer with the actual transition taking place next summer so if neither of the deals went through, the new February and August release dates for the two films would be in schedule and advertising would start this fall. If the deal goes through (which depending on the vote tomorrow looks like it will be Disney) Fox now knows its future and its future owner will decide on the two films.

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This is the clearest evidence that this is nonsense to me.

And if we need another hint: I don't see Disney talking about Marvel movies w/out Kevin Feige, and I don't see Feige ever using something he didn't produce top to bottom (good or not).

Zilla likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Marvel have a plan in place for situations like this. They had numerous scripts written for Spider-Man joining films and I'm sure they will have for their own franchise without including previous X-Men films. I also agree with
    @Tim that Feige wouldn't authorise a single thing without him having being a part of it.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Now....who will Marvel cast as Magneto

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Once the process is 100% done and rolled out, Marvel Studios shouldn't rush into a full on X-Men film. I'm pretty sure they already have plenty in the works apart from that, and there have been a LOT of X-Men films, lol.

If they fast track anything Homecoming style, it should be the Fantastic Four.

X-Men characters, on the other hand, would be more fun to initially sprinkle into other films. Like, Wolverine could go anywhere. Storm could be in Black Panther. Iceman, Firestar, or Kitty Pryde could work with Spidey. Introducing Rogue in Captain Marvel could work for getting her powers right. I'd love to see Beast as an Avenger.

That's not to say I want all those options to happen at once. I don't want mutants to become the new Infinity Stones, nor would I wanna see Xavier as the new Fury. Let's get the heck away from forced big narratives after Avengers 4, please. But, I'd also like to see some of these characters get to interact without rushing into a full blown reboot. Give it space so, when they finally make "Uncanny X-Men" or whatever, they have more freedom to not overreact to what came before (like they did in Homecoming).

10. GBlades

Trusted

I know that the merger is a whole lot more than Marvel but this is pretty exciting. I do wish we can get a great Fantastic Four done right though.

11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I would not be surprised if Disney cans Dark Phoenix and New Mutants, especially Dark Phoenix to protect Skrulls for the MCU.

Deadpool will be the interesting one to watch. I would actually love for him to somehow jump to the "MCU's dimension." He doesn't have to tie into big stories, but I'd love for him to get in a new situation and break the fourth wall about the differences.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would like to see more X-Men stories that don’t revolve around Xavier and Magneto being against each other. There’s so many characters and stories in the X-Men universe that I wouldn’t know where to start if I was Kevin. Having Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Kang definitely makes the villainous future of the MCU more hopeful.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Honestly...I think Disney should just go all out on X-Men as a episodic series for their new streaming platform. Great incentive for adults to get it other than just for their kids. X-Men has so much going on it would be easier to just have a great long run show than to keep trying to cram as many characters into a movie as they can.

stayillogical, justin. and Davjs like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Davjs likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

Thank goodness.

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Man I hope it turns out good.

17. GBlades

Trusted

Cue the "reshoot to reboot into the MCU" theories.

18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'd rather they just cancel it and recast. haha

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

20. Davjs

Trusted

But.....that's not an option though.... It's either going to come out, or just flat out be cancelled and maybe years and years from now when the Xmen are recast in the MCU, we may get a Dark Phoenix movie.

Hundreds of people worked hard on this film and it's already mostly done, I want to see it. I don't understand the other side.

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The other side doesn’t want to see another mediocre x-men movie.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just want it to be released so we can finally move on from this version of the Xmen.

23. Davjs

Trusted

then......they don't have to watch it? Nothing changes for them at all, the MCU reboot is still coming no sooner. The people who want to see it are the only ones who get screwed...

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Me too. I want this to wrap it all up before we get the MCU X-Men.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

So they should cater to x-men fans that want a mediocre movie?