Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Only for the fanservice. There were plenty of other ways to approach that character.

Tim likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This would have been a great film outfit:
    [​IMG]

3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Olivia Munn looks awesome in the trailers. The costume is really great, it looks like it's straight from the comic. I wish they would do that for more of the X-men. I saw a picture of Cyclops in this movie that looked like they were making his costume a bit more like the comic too.
    [​IMG]

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

She does look awesome. I don't think it would've hurt if they added legs to that costume for the film. Stands out so much among everybody else's costumes.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Next film will take place in the 90's.

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I like the ten year jumps between them. Also looks like Wolverine 3 is getting that R rating.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Basically confirmed OML. lol

Eric Wilson likes this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will be ready for this. Hoping they go out with it being a great film.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Well when they do inevitably recast or retool the character, I kind of hope we get the yellow costume.

[​IMG]

Raku and Adrian Villagomez like this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They could give us a really badass Daken. I could see them using a plot similar to DOFP with Quicksilver. It's so easy to just say he had a kid in the 70's or something.

[​IMG]

Eric Wilson likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. Tim

I hate the jumps, lol. I guess the convoluted, contradictory timeline with a weird understanding of time is accidentally an accurate depiction of what Marvel comics are like, but I straight up hate it. I just want them to do some Battle of the Atom-type story where the past cast is brought to the present so we can keep some of them while abandoning that nonsense and returning to the present.

I've been thinking lately that maybe the OML talk wasn't quite accurate, but "future" and "western" do basically confirm that, which is SUPER exciting. Though, my classic distrust for Fox's Marvel work is seeping past the firewall of unwarranted optimism for this film, lol. I really need some exciting new detail or photo of Jackman in OML garb to reignite my hype.

If we're talking more Logan, I don't really like the yellow that much on him... lol. Like, I'd be down, but I prefer the brown for sure.

[​IMG]

Also wouldn't mind the "All-New Marvel Now" era costume.

[​IMG]

Though, I think they should reveal in Apocalypse that Weapon X was cloning him, and then in X-Men sequels replace him with an X-23/Laura who goes straight to being the new Wolverine. I think she looks great in the blue and gold.

[​IMG]

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  13. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Psylocke looks cool and comic accurate and all, but I guarantee she has zero development, speaks like maybe two lines, performs the two action shots they keep showing over and over, and that'll be the end of her. Singer just does not care about actually developing the more obscure mutant characters, and is more than satisfied with just throwing them a token appearance as if thats all people want.

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Pretty much nailed it.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this looks awesome. Would definitely be down for this.

Tim likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Psylocke is one of the most complex characters in the Marvel universe. Giving her an origin fitting of the character would take a solo film.

She is fanservice here, plain and simple.

Nick likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Holy fuck. Ryan Reynolds is the best.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That's brilliant.

19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Whoa, Nathan Fillion had a cameo that got cut. On the Bluray though.

Edit:This is for Deadpool. I forgot I couldn't find a DP thread and found this general Fox thread.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol

“We want to make another Fantastic Four movie. We love that cast – I mean if I were to say to you now Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller, and Kate [Mara] and Jamie [Bell] are great actors – we love that cast. I love the comic, I mean I love it almost as much as X-Men.”

“We’ll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely – well, not completely, but largely – distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic tone. I think we tried to make a darker Fantastic Four movie, which seemed like a radical idea but we were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic.”

21. I like the yellow, but the brown and yellow suits the character better, I think.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Even if they made a good FF movie this time no one would trust them enough to go see it

Raku likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I mean he's not lying, that's a fantastic cast. How they made them all cardboard cutouts was special.

24. Tim

If they're not gonna put it into their X-Men universe, just make a Sony-type deal and keep the rights while putting the films in the MCU. Let Spider-Man, Black Panther, and the Inhumans show up in the F4 films. Let Human Torch show up in Spider-Man, Doom in Doctor Strange and Black Panther and maybe Iron Man. Galactus in Avengers. Maybe even do like The Flash and Supergirl and have X-Men be another earth in the same multiverse. Spider-Man/Sony proved it can happen and make everyone happy.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I seriously hate Miles Teller.

as_we_learn and Tim like this.