Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I honestly have no idea how I'd rate Fox's films.

Ah. I knew New Mutants was but I was unaware Dark Phoenix was as well. Let's just get them released and over and done with so we can have the Xmen with the Avengers finally.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Dark Phoenix is in post production with reshoots scheduled to happen later this year

Davjs likes this.
  3. Maverick

Trusted

I was actually looking forward to Dark Phoenix. I like Sophie Turner and the rest of the cast and I also find the story of Phoenix fascinating. Strange to me that people actively want this movie unreleased when it’s almost finished but then again I was one of the few that enjoyed XMen Apocalypse.

Davjs likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

Probably something like:

1. Day of Future Past
    2. Logan
    3. First Class
    4. X2
    5. Deadpool
    6. Deadpool 2
    7. Apocalypse
    8. The Wolverine
    9. X-Men
    10. The Last Stand
    11. Wolverine: Origins

I feel like that could be a reason the release date is not scheduled currently.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Deadpool
    Logan
    Deadpool 2
    First Class
    DoFP
    X-Men 2

everything else

coleslawed likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Logan
    Days of Future Past
    First Class
    Deadpool 2
    X2
    X-Men
    The Wolverine
    Deadpool
    Apocalypse
    The Last Stand
    Wolverine Origins

7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Logan
    Days Of Future Past
    X2
    Deadpool 2
    X-Men
    First Class
    Deadpool
    The Wolverine
    Apocalypse
    Last Stand
    Origins

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Logan is the best. X2 is the second best. Both are in my top tier of comic book films. DOFP is the third best and right around the tier break.

Everything else Fox has done w/ Marvel I personally find merely alright at best, unfortunately. Even the Deadpools, though I get the appeal and am glad they exist. If I had to round out a top 5, I guess The Wolverine & Deadpool 2 would be my next couple favs?

Never bought into the First Class hype. Don't like much about it outside of Magneto. Really, I have major complaints w/ every Fox Marvel project besides Logan & X2. But, almost all of 'em have things they nailed, even Last Stand & Origins.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I maintain that the villain of Logan should’ve been Daken and X-24 is lame AF but I still think it’s my favorite Marvel movie.

I just want this damn New Mutants movie to come out already. I have no faith in Dark Phoenix after Apocalypse.

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

It has a release date it was never put on fox website. The release date is February 19th of next year. Do a google search

11. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I don't have super high hopes for it but I've always enjoyed every X Film to an extent. I still don't understand how all the same people brought us DOFP and Apocalypse, they are so different in terms of quality.

But I have you guys instead :-)

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Logan was fine. Nothing special. X2 is better. So is Days of Future Past.

Zilla likes this.
  13. Tim

DOFP is one of their 3 films that I consider genuinely good, and it does some stuff very well. But, it and Apocalypse are the two best examples of Fox going out of their way to make the X-Men super white and pretty male. It's baffling. (Don't get me started on that New Mutants Sunspot casting...)

Wonder if Marvel Studios is gonna drop the ball just as much when/if they get the rights. I wanna believe that, after Black Panther, they'll be willing to let the X-Men be the best version of itself. But, their Avengers track record has me a tad pessimistic.

14. Davjs

Trusted

Apocalypse they could have done a looot better as they introduced a lot of new characters, but isn't that an unfair jab at DOFP? The movie had them working with almost all pre existing characters, and the new ones they introduced were Bishop, Task, Blink, Warpath and Sunspot. I wouldn't say it's too terrible.

15. Tim

Those characters were glorified extras. They had cool powers, but if you don't know the comics, they're a far cry from "characters."

16. Davjs

Trusted

Fair point. I haven't seen Gifted yet but is Blink more fleshed out in that? I hope so

17. Tim

Only watched the first 3 or so episodes 'cause I don't spend any time w/ television anymore. But I did really like her in what I saw. Polaris, too. I think I had some criticisms, don't recall what, but it felt a lot closer to how I'd want an X-Men film to feel.

Davjs likes this.
  18. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Hmm. Taking that with a massive grain of salt, since the source is a forum member on SuperHeroHype.com

22. Davjs

Trusted

I'd be pretty disappointed. Esp since both are nearly done. Just release them.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

While I wouldn’t mind seeing more James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, I can understand why Marvel wouldn’t want it released. They now know that they will release their MCU version of X-Men and any bad X-Men film will only push the general audiences hype lower. It would be a waste of 100+ million but it could be an even bigger waste if Dark Phoenix puts a lot of people off on X-Men and the MCU introduction doesn’t make as much money as it could.

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

As far as that rumor, the idea of Disney getting involved with the “New Mutants” production before the deal has been signed sounds like bullshit.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, no way are Fox going to let Marvel/Disney throw their weight around before a deal is finalised.