Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Now I'm wanting to turn on First Class.

Alba likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Only Fox Marvel films I love are X2, DOFP, & Logan. I really dig their current creative trajectory and hope at least one of their projects in development materializes before a deal goes through, though.

The deal won't be sorted out until next year, and even when/if it is, we're not gonna get MCU mutants immediately afterwards. But, anything not in production by mid-2019 or so that isn't the Deadpool universe is probably dead.

With that in mind, hopefully they use this delay to make Dark Phoenix (likely the last film called "X-Men" not in the MCU) feel like a fitting end to an era. Which will be hard after DOFP & Logan, but we'll see.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I want to watch Logan again. I fucking love that movie so much. Such a perfect cap to the OG X-movie era.

I don’t know how it would’ve fit in, but it would’ve been nice if there had been some small part for Magneto to have appeared in the film, just so the McKellan could have had one final farewell with Stewart and Jackman.

4. Tim

McKellan and Stewart had a great moment near the end of DOFP that wasn't gonna be topped, though.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Besides Wolverine stealing the show from Kitty Pryde like he did from Cyclops in the trilogy, is there anything wrong with DOFP? I re-watch it often and am always left happy. I also don't mind that Robert Kelly was switched out for Peter Dinklage's Trask. I definitely think we're fortunate to have gotten a team-up film like that from Fox.

6. My biggest gripe is how dumb the Magneto plot is. Like old Magneto makes it a point to say you’re going to need me, then young Magneto goes rogue.

Like wtf Old Magneto you played us all.

That’s if I remember it correctly, it’s been a while.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t remember old and young Magneto speaking to each other. I know young and old Xavier spoke to each other. Magento’s arc seemed like classic Magneto to me. He thought he was doing a crime for the greater good and was arrogant (betraying the group and trying to kill Mystique instead of just listening to what Xavier and Wolverine told him).

8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I think he’s referring to old Magneto saying that to Wolverine before he went back in time.

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Right, I got it now. My personal take is that he was telling Wolverine that he’ll need him in order to bring back Mystique or to stop her due to Mystique being part of the Brotherhood at that time. The dialogue took place right before or after old Xavier told Wolverine that his younger self will be in a difficult spot due to his situation.

10. Davjs

Trusted

DOFP is one of my favorite comic book movies. Maybe the only one that isn't all MCU or MOS lol.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

13. Davjs

Trusted

Dark Phoenix is shooting right? and New Mutants is done? I'd assume that it'd just come out before Dark Phoenix, which would still make it the final X- film.

That's what I hope at least, I want to see both of them.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

They could have meant production wise but New Mutants is scheduled to be released in August 2019 with Dark Phoenix in February 2019. Hopefully, they are not talking about releases in general.

15. Tim

Source for the above rumor: Exclusive: Future of Disney-Fox deal for Marvel characters

The wording is "the last proper Fox Marvel movie, presumably also the last in that continuity," which doesn't necessarily mean anything for New Mutants. All official reports say that the deal isn't projected to be finalized until summer 2019, and the current New Mutants release date is 8/2/19.

I'm mostly curious what this [random unverified internet] rumor would mean for the X-Force movie set to shoot this October. If Bob Iger meant what he said before about finding a place for Deadpool's R-rated Marvel brand, and if he hasn't changed his mind, will that still go forward? Or will it be shelved until everything gets settled?

16. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I really hope Disney recasts X-Men to a more traditional age-range/roster and reboots Deadpool WITH Ryan Reynolds and blatant commentary hinting to the buy out/changes. Obviously, Fantastic Four will be all new, but they bring some of the best villains for the screen with Galactus, Kang, and Annihilus.

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Deadpool is far enough removed from the other X-Men movies that I could see them continuing with Reynolds/the current Deadpool series as it is (or a soft reboot keeping Reynolds) while they reboot/recast the X-Men proper.

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool so I don’t see Disney outing him. I don’t know if I like Deadpool’s Colossus though.

19. Tim

If Marvel Studios finally gets the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, and Storm right, I can forgive pretty much any other decision, tbh.

Also, I'm glad the timeline for this deal's resolution is literally immediately after Avenger 4 comes out. Please abandon having a major overarching narrative post-Infinity Stones and instead double down on the Thor: Ragnarok/Black Panther/Guardians of the Galaxy approach.

ghostedaway and Davjs like this.
  20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

It kinda sucks for The New Mutants cast. Even if their film is a decent success, I feel like there is no way they’ll get to keep portraying those characters. Just unfortunate timing.

I’m aware that the movie could be far enough removed from normal X-men movie continuity that it could conceivably be transplanted into a different universe, but let’s be real. Feige will want to do it “the right way”.

21. Tim

I mean, only getting one film of Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik is sad, but THANK GOD we only have to endure one film with that Sunspot casting. Still unhappy that they erased his blackness.

On that note, it'd be cool if Marvel could find an actor of Romani descent for Doom, but I'm sure they'll just find some random white guy. Dealing with Doom's Romani heritage and leaning into the Thing's Jewish identity would be cool.

22. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As much as Disney getting everything is bad for business. FUCK COMCAST SO MUCH.

coleslawed and Tim like this.
  24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Comcast is so committed to just ruining everything, aren't they?

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Wouldn’t the rights for X-Men revert back if any company makes the purchase?