Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fox's Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Has Bendis worked on films?

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

He wrote the post credit scene of Iron Man. He also was on a Marvel Studios creative committee at some point and I think took a fairly hands on role with that Powers series. So, not really, lol.

Anyways, I'm like 90% in love with this. I'm really into Kitty Pryde and really into Bendis. And, Bendis is a great choice for Kitty because of what he can bring to her Jewish identity.

My one reservation is Tim Miller. He did a solid job on Deadpool, but did he really bring anything special to the project? (Guess we'll see with Deadpool 2.) And, I'm tired of women not getting to tell their own stories. Pairing a female director with Bendis' script would do a lot to boost my confidence. After all, Patty Jenkins directed Wonder Woman from a script a dude wrote, and it generally worked out. An all-dude team on this is just exhausting.

Zilla and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

4. Davjs

Trusted

Apocalypse was a disappointment after First Class and DOFP were so, so good. That being sad, Apocalypse had some good parts and I wouldn't call it horrible like what it's been labeled.

Alba likes this.
  5. I’m not sure what it says about me haha but it’s one if those movies I find very rewatchable. I get that it’s not perfect and all, but I do enjoy it quite a bit.

6. Davjs

Trusted

I had this stupid short lived podcast and we discussed the movie when it came out and going scene by scene, the movie def has more good than bad about it.

For me, the bad came down to just the boring ending fight. So much potential there but instead it was just them shooting CGI at eachother lol.

7. The part I love about the end is when Jean comes in and kicks ass. I still get pumped when she starts floating.

8. Davjs

Trusted

It looked great but my biggest complaint was that it came out of no where. I would have rather her and Charles team up after he gets overpowered by himself and just defeat him that way instead of her Phoenix powers coming out of no where.

But I get a lot of movies these days have to set up the next one.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  9. You’re definitely not wrong. I just get so pumped when Charles says something like “Let go Jean.” I’m like hell yeah haha.

Davjs likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I LOVE that scene with Jean

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Apocalypse is terrible but I feel like it could have be way better than it was while First Class and DOFP were as good as they could be.

Apocalypse should have been two films.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. Tim

Apocalypse has made me angrier as time has gone on. Still can't believe they made Storm a villain until the end and pointlessly wrote Jubilee out of the movie. So awkward and awful that all the noteworthy POC were villains until the very end. This is the dang X-Men we're talking about.

awakeohsleeper and Contender like this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

They should have skipped the entire weapon X subplot and focused attention on the new characters including Jubilee. From the set photos I thought she was going to be a part of the new group and I was hyped.

14. Davjs

Trusted

I disagree with almost every part of that lol

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

You liked the Weapon X subplot? It was to only throw in Hugh Jackman.

16. Davjs

Trusted

That was directed towards your first comment about Apoc being terrible, but yeah I thought it was awesome finally seeing Wolverine in the Weapon X suit and also how violent it was (remember, it was before Logan so we had never seen him so brutal and it was great).

It was such a small part of the film that it didn't bother me, just enjoyed it for the fan service that it was.

17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Apocalypse was a chore to get through, just a thoroughly unenjoyable film. Glad others enjoyed it but it was easily the worst superhero film of recent years, and yes I am counting Fantastic Four

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Apocolapse was so disappointing. One of the worst superhero films for a while. They missed the mark on so many aspects - Storm, Jubilee, Apolcalypse himself, the way they introduced Dark Phoenix out of nowhere.

It’s one of those films where you feel more disappointed the more you think about it.

Davjs and Tim like this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m going to watch DOFP to cheer myself up

Davjs and awakeohsleeper like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is a good idea! I don’t know how they managed to jump from that to Apocolypse!

Davjs likes this.
  21. Tim

Report: Saga's Brian K. Vaughan Is Writing a Silver Surfer Movie for Fox

Brian K Vaughan, writer of Paper Girls, Runaways, Saga, and some other comics, is developing a Silver Surfer script.

Man, I really want this to materialize. Kitty Pryde, too, but with a woman instead of Tim Miller at the helm. Noah Hawley's Doom, too. And, why haven't we gotten a Storm-centric movie yet? And, I'm still rooting for Sony's spinoffs.

Basically, I both love the MCU and want more Marvel adaptation outside of it. Give me all of the Marvel, before a dozen superhero films a year stops being profitable.

Deanna and Alba like this.
  22. I would love a Silver Surfer movie. Such a cool character.

I remember reading a mini series for him which went into his origin a bit (I think this is accurate haha it’s been a while)

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As cool as it would be, I feel like Fox is going to try to push out as many films as possible and that will probably affect the quality of them.

24. Tim

Check out the series by Dan Slott and Mike Allred. It's a 29-issue self-contained imaginative cosmic love story that's basically just perfect, start to finish.

If you read the trades, there are I think 5 volumes. If you read digitally via Marvel Unlimited, it initially ran for 15 issues, and then the numbering reset, and it ran for 14 more.

Since the story is from recent years, Fox might not have the rights to Dawn Greenwood. But, I'd hope that some of that series' charm and visual flair would influence how this film is handled.

25. Thanks! I am still in awe of your encyclopedic knowledge of comic books (as well as other things I’m sure haha)

Tim likes this.