Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 6, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Dealer occupies this cool space where you can listen intently and be really interested in everything going on / find new things to appreciate, but you can also leave in the background and it can sort of soundtrack whatever you're doing and elevate it without making a huge deal about itself. It's understated in a way that rewards repeat listens because it's so...open ended. It implies more than it's saying, and that's just without the lyrics. It's a quality that the Albatross played with, but is more successful at just telling you "This is Important" with the music via the swelling. Another album that I think of in similar terms to Dealer is This Is a Long Drive by Modest Mouse, if that helps anyone get that sweet spot I'm talking about.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Totally get that.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  3. Collins

Trusted

this got weird, but dealer is perfect to me. seeing them perform night channels with jess from tancred was a life changing experience. they have their sound down perfectly live, would recommend to anyone.

redwoods, glass coughs, indica, three on a match, night channels, damn the album is stacked. my friend was trying to say albatross is better but i just can't see it. the medic, rory, and bloodhound are fantastic songs but i'd put it far off from dealer. dealer is a top 10 album for me probably.

4. becketor

I have to say, when Dealer first came out I was a little underwhelmed. Maybe I had unreasonably high expectations after Albatross, I'm not sure, but I found myself thinking Dealer was just a little bit... flat. Well, what can I say, I saw them live for the first time a few months back and completely and utterly changed my mind. Their performance was full of passion, dynamic, and engaging. It completely put that album's material into context - absolutely amazing.

5. Paul Beaumont

Rory is hitting me hard today.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

it's dealer season folks

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they played loufest yesterday and i didnt go because loufest is trash

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i'm dying to see them live

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they are amazing

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

ive seen them three times this year and every time it is so worth it. it's like a new experience of those songs each time

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im never going to forgive myself for missing their show with obrother this past spring

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

pretty much any time they're within four hours of me I've tried to go see them, they are that band

stillbrazy likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

upset that the b&c tour isnt hitting here but they played this fest here instead. hope they have a proper hometown show before the end of the year

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

im kind of bitter that the b&c show isn't Foxing headlining lol but I'm headed to it. Bummed on your behalf though, hope you get that hometown show

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'd love to catch that tour but I doubt I'll be able to because of my schedule

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I am still scared Balance is gonna disappoint but their albums are good so

17. Deathco_019

Drummer

Gonna try seeing them again this year on the B&C tour. They we're incredible when I saw them earlier this year with Lymbyc System.

18. The tour with O'Bro, Trancred, and Adjy earlier this year was one of my favorite shows of the year. All four bands killed it and then some

19. Deathco_019

Drummer

I ended up missing Adjy because my friend and I got there late

20. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Welp, we are the same person

21. Horrorca

Trusted

Dealer is brilliant but I miss the rough edges of Albatross a lil bit

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I think the loudness and passion of their live show, Dealer songs included, give even the most delicate of their songs some edge. Not that it's necessary, but it's cool that they can have that duality to it. Bit By a Dead Bee I and II kind of alluded to that a bit

23. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

yeah, bummed i had to miss Foxing the last few times they were here cuz of schedule conflicts. recently cuz they played SF on that tour w Tancred same night as i was seeing IIOI/TWIABP/Pinegrove.

24. Horrorca

Trusted

hard choice but you did the right thing, I think

AndrewSoup likes this.
  25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

yeah, it had a more stacked line up honestly.
    that night was God punishing me for not seeing TWIABP/Foxing on the tour they had together last year

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.