Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Deathco_019

Drummer

Seeing these guys tonight for the first time since 2014. Lymbyc System is at my date instead of O'Bro but I'm looking forward to them nonetheless.

Anyway, thought I'd share that I'm really looking forward to going to my first show since December.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

The accusations are back again, and being discussed in the AP thread. There is a Foxing emails - Pastebin.com purporting to be of emails from the band to someone anonymously inquiring about the accusations, and they boil down to what I've heard previously.

3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I will repeat again that CYLS dealt w this 2 years ago and that the girl in question has spent a lot of time clarifying this as something she was pressured into calling assault

4. Sophos

Regular

the story being thrown around doesnt sound exactly like sexual assault to me. a bad look, very invasive, and something he hopefully (and sounds like) he learned and grew from, but i gotta say im confused at DIY spaces in chicago blacklisting them over THAT. maybe theres a different version of the story going around.

5. personalmaps

It was a situation that both parties talked over and Ricky apologized. Then later another person from a notably toxic space in Chicago decided to make it into something.

Jake Jenkins likes this.
  6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

do u mind if i say you said this (or you post it, if you are comfortable doing so) in the AP thread? feel like it would carry a lot of weight if people knew you had first hand experience w/ the situation.

7. Sophos

Regular

yeah i just got done reading josh's email. seemed like a level headed response and showed sympathy for both ricky and the girl, and he made it sound like ricky has grown and learned from this mistake and has paid social consequences for it.

8. personalmaps

I posted in the thread. This whole thing sucks.

9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah super weird situation. First heard about it a couple years back and it felt weirdly hollow and weightless then and just seems worse now.

10. Sophos

Regular

yeah im pretty sure we heard about it from the same person ryan at the same time

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Yup and we were both like "??? This is so sketchy who said this where is the source"

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Big statement about the stuff

13. personalmaps

Legit looks like some dude got drunk at night, heard this, and decided to bring it up again. The way they handled it this time around was really great.

I think this brings up an important topic as well-- if the accuser is not comfortable talking about their experience, it is not anyone else's business to bring it up. This was dealt with a long time ago and I can't imagine how distressing it must be for this woman every time it gets brought back up and someone tries to use her experience as a rally point.

14. Something I've been thinking about a lot and totally agree. Especially when sometimes it feels like men will use someone else's pain, or situation, with the only goal of trying to win an online argument.

15. shit fuck I just found out they're in Tampa tuesday and I have to work that night. my wheels are turning trying to figure out how to get there in time for their set

16. cscwell107

The audio tree session is freaking fantastic. This band is just so perfect.

Lindsay M likes this.
  17. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Really disappointing to hear their reputation in Chicago isn't what it should be, but I will say I just saw them play St. Louis last night and, I mean of course this is their hometown, but MAN people were stoked as hell

18. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Giving them another shot tonight in a dark room with great headphones on, specifically Dealer. I've always enjoyed their live sets. The new O'Brother surprised me and grew on me, and I have a similar relationship with their music.

19. demo

i said dont @ me

bummed i had to miss it i hope they play here again this year, i know they will

20. Just finished their latest Audiotree session -- so good. The tour they're currently headlining is also the best show I've seen this year. Every band on the bill ruled, and the performances all blew me away.

21. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Dealer is a top 10 record for me.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

just watched their 2nd Audiotree session and they are goddamn incredible. i'm even more bummed i had to miss their local date here.
    i absolutely love all the synths and samplers they were using during Night Channels.

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm sad they didn't do the night channels duet on my date :(

24. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Winding Cloth might be the song that really has its hooks in me. Love it so much.

25. Collins

Trusted

Their performance on this tour was amazing. They did Night Channels with Jess and it was one of the most amazing things I've seen at a show by far.