Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

in case you havent seen this brilliant video

teebs41 and T.K. like this.
  2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm so mad about Connor getting punched tonight. Really, really awful situation.

3. Sophos

Regular

yeah that sucks he/they dont deserve that at all, i hate people so much

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i'm really, really upset about it since it seems like the person in question was apparently shouting homophobic stuff beforehand as well. conor is obviously not obligated to address his sexuality but he certainly shouldn't be getting shit over a music video.

5. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

I feel so bad for him and the band right now

6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yeah pretty fucked up. Cool to see the band handle it so well. Hope whoever did it somehow gets punished.

7. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I really hope they find someone to fill in on trumpet for the Audiotree session. I'd hate to see them not be able to do it because of something like this.

8. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

think they reached out to someone to fill in on trumpet last night. Mark Jaeschki, I think.
    when i heard Connor broke his nose i thought he just broke it stagediving or something, fucked up some asshole assaulted him, plus others in the crowd.

9. Timmiluvs

Yeah I remember seeing them reach out to him. I hadn't seen a confirmation yet that he could do it (or at least not as of like 9am this morning) but I hope he can fill in for them. On that same note, I can't wait for that Audiotree session to go live.

10. personalmaps

Mark can't do it it, but he said they got someone to fill in! The day is saved!!

iplaydrums and PyramidPostcard like this.
  11. Timmiluvs

Woo!

12. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

guess whose dumb-ass decided to drive to the store RIGHT at 1 and missed the performance?
    ME, THIS GUY RIGHT HERE

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Dealer is one of those albums that I feel like will end up higher and higher on a redone best of 2015 list each year.

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Heard a rumor as to why these guys aren't well liked in the Chicago area... I don't really feel comfortable sharing it in case it isn't true, but apparently it's been going around for a while. Maybe I'll share it here since there's very few of us right now.

15. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

If you can't confirm it, i'd hesitate to post it publicly imo.

16. beachdude

Yeah I'm not posting it personally... but apparently it's come up before on AP in some old threads, so it's not new information in any case.

17. Sophos

Regular

it's been discussed in the AP thread, you can go look at that convo if you want. Ive spoken to my friend who does sound for the band (he actually reached out after stumbling upon the AP thread) - he has assured me the rumors are false. I have no reason not to believe him when there's no substantive claims from anyone, just a bunch of people spreading what seem to be rumors.

18. beachdude

Okay, thanks. I didn't feel comfortable spreading a rumor like that for that exact reason.

19. personalmaps

I can directly confirm that the reasons they aren't liked in Chicago aren't founded. It's a couple of people trying to run a smear campaign. This all came up when I still worked at CYLS and they were still signed there.

20. Sophos

Regular

thanks kayla!

21. personalmaps

No prob. At their show right now :3

22. Sophos

Regular

ahhhhh have fun!!! i cant wait to see them again next month. is o'brother on your date? cant remember how much of the tour they're on

23. personalmaps

No, unfortunately. We have ADJY and Lymbyc System

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Both bands rule, really aren't getting anything other than great on this tour

25. video is so so beautiful