Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing / Now, Now Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Kellan, Jan 22, 2019.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ok I'm going to listen to this Now, Now record to decide if I want to go this show next Friday. I'll be on vacation, and I really liked that Foxing record, but not enough to be the only reason I go to this show.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

ChiliTacos and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

foxing is more than enough reason to go and the now now records great

ChiliTacos and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Foxing is absolutely more than enough reason to go. One of the best live bands I have ever seen.

6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Such a great show last night. Foxing went second and had a huge crowd.

sawhney[rusted]2 and ChiliTacos like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yeah the show i saw was the best i have ever seen foxing of the 7 times ive seen them, by far

however it was easily the worst now, now has ever sounded and the new version of wolf was extremely bad to my ears

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yikes, was it a sound problem or the performance was just weak?

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

As someone who really likes now now and the new album I thought their show was really dull unfortunately.

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Super weak performance

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I said this re: seeing them last year on their tour and got a ton of hate in the now now thread lol

12. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had a weird time at both FL shows. The three person set up for NN didn’t do them any favors. All synth and guitars were buried under the low end and the general volume of their set was so low that you could hear every individual in the room if they rose their voice above talking level. They didn’t play Enda - a generally shorter set than the shows they played before and after. I wanted them to blow me away considering they hadn’t been to FL for quite some time. Crowd was holding too closely to their spots for Foxing so the people who wanted to get into NN’s set were isolated from one another and not into it as much as they could’ve been, which obv affected the length and mood of the shows. Still enjoyed their confidence and personality but was generally underwhelmed.

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Alright I'm going to this, super bummed "Bastardizer" isn't on the setlist though.

14. Mason

Regular

Agreed. I was at the Orlando show and I have to say was pretty meh about the whole experience. Daddy Issues sounded lioke one long song and Ive never seen a more uninspiring drummer, she played at a Rock Band Game level with no emotion.
    NN was decent, she had good energy but I think they are limited by her vocal range. Her live vocals were way too low in mix and it sounded like the back track took over the majority of the time. Foxing were great live, but the set being so short was a bit disappointing. Oh well, the tickets were cheap and it was by no means a bad experience, just not a great one.

15. I thought Daddy Issues were good, particularly their drummer

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Daddy Issues ruled

17. faycetime

Newbie Supporter

My friends aren't able to make it to the show with me tonight in SF. Anyone want two tickets? No $$$ necessary, just want to find them a good home!

18. Mason

Regular

Im glad people liked them and I actually did like their recent album for the most part. But I still feel like there wasnt much variety in the songs and the drummer just ruined it for me. I even looked up their audiotree performance on youtube today and I have the same critique. Oh well, maybe its just not my thing.

MacbethSin likes this.
  19. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ended up talking to KC’s mom for like half an hour at the Tampa show and that was highly entertaining

20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I won a pair of tickets for tomorrow in Portland. My girlfriend is out of town and I have no one to claim the second ticket. If you want to go, hit me up. You’re not obligated to hang with me hahah, I just have a ticket I don’t want to waste!

21. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I really liked NN's set in Grand Rapids, but it was probably my least favorite performance out of the three I've been to. That isn't entirely the band's fault, though.

Joe4th likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Take @Jason Tate

bobby_runs likes this.