Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing - Nearer My God (August 10, 2018) Album • Page 81

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 18, 2018.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Rank the threads with the best end of the year list games.

Kevin360 likes this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This may hurt my head.

AWasteOfATime, Kevin360 and CarpetElf like this.
  3. jmitch0906

Quorn

Can not wait to see their tour with Kississippi and Ratboys tomorrow. Very interested to see the new songs played live in a small venue. How this didn't sell out but Remo Drive sold out last week :teethsmile:

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I missed kississippi (I know I know but they’re from here I’ll see them again) but ratboys were phenomenal

teebs41 likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Kississippi is literally on everything now. I've seen her 6 times this year lol

6. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Ratboys are so good and Julia is fucking hilarious onstage.

7. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Dada seems like waaay too small of a stage for them to be playing at this point but I'm stoked to see them play on it either way

8. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Foxing were great last night. Ratboys were really good. I will need to check them out now and probably put them in regular rotation after watching their set.

I’m not sure what the capacity is for The Social in Orlando, but Connor said last night that they sold it out so that was really cool.

mattav152 likes this.
  9. Collins

Trusted

Pumped to see them again Wednesday and hear the new tunes. album gets better and better with each listen. fucking love this band

10. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

seeing them tonight!!!

11. kupe

Regular

Lambert makes me feel like I'm back in Twin Peaks again

12. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Had my turn to see them tonight. Still so great live. My buddy and I were talking afterwards about their ceiling as a band and if they can realistically get any bigger. I really hope so. I hope they can jump on tour next year with some big band a little out of this specific scene and blow up. Don’t know who that could potentially be but if they get the right tour I think they can do it.

jmitch0906, Joe4th and teebs41 like this.
  13. timcsheehan

Regular

I do a book club type of thing but with records with some friends of mine. Alternate weeks picking what to listen to.

Anyway, this week was my pick and so we are discussing this record tonight. They all have some pretty diverse tastes so i'm interested to hear what they think.

ship90, Jesse West and Kevin360 like this.
  14. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Well let us know if there are any bad takes. I love bad takes.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  15. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I cannot find the downbeat in “heartbeats” to save my life. Sorta love it, sorta annoyed as hell

16. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I believe from the chorus back to the second verse it comes in on the "2 &" which switches the down beat. Going into the chorus I'm not too sure.

Cody likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

[​IMG]

coleslawed, Bryan Diem, kupe and 5 others like this.
  18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Shock-collared at the gates of Heaven is one of the most powerful lines I can think of.

19. Cody

Of this records lyrics that one honestly hits me as one of the more on the nose/heavy-handed lines. Evocative sure, but I think Conor is much more clever at conveying heavier themes at numerous spots on the album

20. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

The delivery sells it imo. Plus I like the whole dog metaphor he uses through the song.

21. Cody

Actually hadn’t put together the through line of that theme. Bet I’ll like it more now when I listen again

Justin Roux likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Very last minute but I’m seeing them at the Troubadour tonight. This venue is hella tiny. I’m stoked

23. Dog with a Blog

For all you Twin Peaks fans, this venue reminds me a lot of The Roadhouse. Super cool spot

24. Dog with a Blog

This super old dude just went up to the merch table, clearly having no knowledge of who Foxing is based on his questions, and bought the new album. I love people like that. I hope that’s me.

stars143, teebs41, Bryan Diem and 3 others like this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

Great show. Bummed no Five Cups and no encore. But still great.

2C4C9912-B8A6-4811-AD6A-0564F756A716.jpeg

Also, bless this venue for only charging $7 a drink

Kennedy, AndrewSoup, Cameron and 5 others like this.