Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing - Nearer My God (August 10, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 18, 2018.

1. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

also just preordered the bone white. wish i could've gotten the 180g though!

teebs41 likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

White records sux

ChiliTacos and Joe4th like this.
  3. RT RT RT RT RT RT RT RT

cwhit likes this.
  4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

My bone white Modern Vampires of the City is one of my favorite records stfu

5. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

The Beatles' White Album is quite good

ChiliTacos likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The Dear Hunter "White" EP is good too

7. hard fucking same. fucking asshole gets to write features interviewing bands I like when he doesn't deserve to still have a journalistic career after what he wrote about Scott.

jols likes this.
  8. cwhit

White records are the worst sounding records

ChiliTacos and Joe4th like this.
  9. Initial thoughts - crucify me for embedding my own goddamn tweet thread

10. Five Cups will destroy us all

austingordon likes this.
  11. cwhit

get the fuck out

KidLightning likes this.
  12. cwhit likes this.
  13. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Why would a white record sound worse than any other colored record? Curious, not trying to sound snarky

teebs41 likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s sort of a theory out there that all colored vinyl doesn’t sound quite as good as black I think, but I also think it’s by an amount that the human ear can’t detect. Lol

disambigujason likes this.
  15. "Only white should sound worse. The white substance used to due the record can cause random pops (rumor has it that it is a kind of chalk). Other vinyl - colored or clear can be dead-quiet.

The expensive machines designed to de-magnetize records before play are de-magnetizing the carbon used to make vinyl black -
    so a colored vinyl record with no black in it may actually sound better right out of the wrapper than a black one."

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, is bone white any better? Lol

17. I don't know

teebs41 likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

vinyl is an inferior medium anyway

19. cwhit

bone white is literally just a fancy name for white

"jet black"

teebs41 likes this.
  20. also correct - that's why I rarely complain about the sound quality unless it's super poppy (which can be resolved with a thorough cleaning).
    IMG_0175.jpeg

21. Kal El

The sidewalks are watching me think about you.

It's because of the properties of the colors added to the vinyl solution in manufacturing the records. The white color granules added to the vinyl need very high temperature -- higher than black color granules. The higher the temperature that is needed for the process the greater the probability that the pressing sounds bad/has impurities. Red, blue and black are all better options than white.

cwhit likes this.
  22. cwhit

clear records actually the best

Joe4th and Drew Beringer like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol so true, I’ve spent an insane amount on vinyl recently but it’s a great way to support artists and there is something special about owning and spinning records you love, I could do it all day.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. cwhit

good sounding records sound really good though. my owel record has parts on there that sound much much better than the digital, one of the most dynamic sounding records i own.

of course it matters about how much effort the label puts into making a good master