Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing - Nearer My God (August 10, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 18, 2018.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

when is the one off STL show? and where?

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

announced a few months ago

3. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha didn’t even think about this! Fingers crossed. Either way I’ll probably be going to that Lawrence show, this bands too good live.

cwhit likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

just read his review of the last frightened rabbit album

Frightened Rabbit: Painting of a Panic Attack Album Review | Pitchfork

Yet, the best Frightened Rabbit songs aren’t entirely defined by their despondance or desperation. What’s missing from Panic is some kind of levity or the cutting humor that once personalized Hutchison’s self-loathing. It’s admittedly impossible to gauge the legitimacy of Hutchison’s emotions; like the National, maybe Frightened Rabbit have just gotten too good at their formula for it to not seem self-aware. And too often, the title of Painting of a Panic Attack serves as an unintentional reminder of the way Hutchison comes across: like a television version of a person with a broken heart.

questioning the sincerity of someone's mental health struggles is bad enough without considering what ended up happening to scott. so fuck ian cohen.

Carrow and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

damn i was hoping it'd be later in the summer when im gonna be back home. oh well philly show it is, i'll wear my webster university hoodie and freak conor out that someone in this state went to his college too

6. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Cwhit beat me to it but yeah had no idea till I was looking at their Twitter today.

sophos34 likes this.
  7. cwhit

pretty cool they're playing a place as big as UT, don't think it'll get close to selling out but that place rules so it's fine

i hope someone like jelani sei opens up, makes sense

sophos34 likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

ive been there three times, converge/neurosis, russian circles/king woman, pianos/twiabp. i think its my favorite venue in this city that ive been to. deafheaven there in a month should be lit. its a lot like the ready room in st louis, my favorite club sized venue in that city.

9. 5Stories

Regular

At first I was like, "so, since the last time I saw them, Conor's mixed up his eyewear game again, huh?". And I'll be honest it took me aback, because the last pair were elite and I grew very attached. But as the video went on, I became so enthralled that I've fully embraced the new spectacles and although I'm sure I'll miss the old ones, I have great memories. Maybe sometimes change is good, you know?

Song's great as well

10. travisred

Trusted Supporter

If that's the quote, then wishing someone gets "hit by a truck" seems a little overboard. Sure, a dickish comment but damn.

11. cwhit

yup, i've been there like, five?

two of the three TWY shows, bombay bicycle club, mitski, japandroids.

already have tickets to like, five shows there for when i move too, hah. it reminds me of the 9:30 club in DC (one of the best venues in the country), but with cheaper shows

sophos34 likes this.
  12. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh yeah. I’ve never cared for his writing/reviews, just more respected the musical opinions, but this is particularly bad. Never saw it because I unfortunately didn’t follow Frightened Rabbit while they were active. Thanks for pointing this out.

sophos34 likes this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

you probably have been to the same wonder years show there as raquel lol

15. cwhit

it was the discography shows, went for suburbia/TGG, was there with the entire wndr group lol

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

you are aware of what hyperbole is right, and fuck that respectability bullshit

17. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

Yeah, it really is. Love that they're using their platform to spotlight local groups doing good in the community.

slowheart likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

was that part of the 10 year anniversary? i think she went to one of them

19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

This song seriously fucking rules

Kennedy likes this.
  20. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Not saying you have to be respectful, just seemed like a bit much considering the comments.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it was purposely over the top but i think his comments on scott's genuineness wrt his writing about those issues that ended up taking his life are more disgusting than me jokingly saying i wish he would get hit by a truck

22. cwhit

yup, 2015. evan, mar, max, carleton, craig, mike, justin, dcart, etc were all there lol

sophos34 and JaytotheGee like this.
  23. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I guess it's hard for me to distinguish the difference between vitriol, but it's cool. You do you.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

was ben there