Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxing - Nearer My God (August 10, 2018) Album • Page 106

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah they’re unreal. Not since this album came out tho, which I gotta change

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Holy shit man haha. I had food poisoning that night and literally missed almost all of Daddy Issues and all of Now, Now and I can still say that's the best show I've ever been to.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

I too, have opinions

4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

[​IMG]

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I think that Foxing is a really special band who work very hard to grow as musicians. In the context of the "emo revival," there are very few bands that matched them in initial instrumentation and as they've outgrown that scene, they've only gotten better. I first heard Albatross on a test press vinyl when I worked for CYLS and the very first song made me pause and tear up, even though they were basically a nobody band at that point. It's not rare for me to cry at music, but it is rare that a band stops me in my tracks from the very first second of their career. It's been such a pleasure to watch them grow and get the recognition they deserve.

6. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

All three albums are very important to me. I got into them with Albatross and remember waiting so impatiently for Dealer to drop. Dealer was my 2nd favorite record the year it came out. NMG was my favorite album of last year. All 3 do very different things for me, and all 3 are among my favorites of the decade. Albatross is youthful nostalgia and yearning, Dealer is a late night comedown, NMG is a post-apocalyptic landscape.

If you can't tell I enjoy this band.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  7. socklord

Trusted

I will take NMG and Dealer with me to my grave

CarpetElf and Joe4th like this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I love nearer my God a ridiculous amount but haven't given their other stuff as much time

dotKev, teebs41 and CarpetElf like this.
  9. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Dealer changed how i listened to music. Not many albums have done that in the last five years

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I liked Dealer but I couldn't get into Nearer My God as easily. There are bits that I like of the latter, but it isn't something I've returned to much at all.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Ricky put out an ep

coleslawed, sophos34 and teebs41 like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

saturday is 1 year for this album. feels like its been a part of my every day life for WAY longer.

coleslawed, waking season and Cameron like this.
  13. The_Pioneer

Regular

I come back to this album all the time. Every song feels so purposefully crafted like they took months to figure out every little detail. Seriously, what a fantastic record.

Anyone have any recommendations for either similar stuff or something that has that same feeling?

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Found out they’re doing a small festival about three hours from me this weekend, so I’m VERY excited. All of their one-off MO shows always fly under the radar, I swear. Really hoping I’ll get to see Won’t Drown/Lambert at this one!

15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing them at a free outdoor block party outside of Wrigley Field on Sunday. The best part about it (other than being free) is that they go on at 6:30 so I'll be in bed at a reasonable time hahaha.

coleslawed, Jim, ship90 and 5 others like this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

My dream show scenario

ChiliTacos likes this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

the life of an old :crylaugh:

teebs41 likes this.
  18. what

Regular

I too will be attending that wrigley block party thing. It’ll be my first time seeing them and I’m sure it won’t be as great as their actual tours but I’m excited nonetheless.

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i saw them outdoors at riot fest 2015 on a small side stage. trust me when i say those types of sets are nearly just as good as their actual shows. and that was before dealer and nearer my god

Joe4th, what, teebs41 and 1 other person like this.
  20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

No such thing as a bad Foxing show

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Best band ever.

IMG_20190818_191511_599.jpg

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My boi

ChiliTacos likes this.
  23. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Dates supporting the METN tour plus a STL date

Attached Files:

coleslawed and Bryan Diem like this.
  24. Maddy

Regular

Yessss!!!!

25. KeynDooee

Living Legend

I missed my concert in the triangle because of dumb relationship stuff. I will not miss this date.