Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Year Strong - RODT 10 Year / Seaway / Like Pacific / Grayscale Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jun 14, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't really gotten into the album besides this and Atlantic but maybe I need to try again

2. darkstorms139

Regular

I didn't really get into it at first listen, but the more I listened after the more I loved it.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  3. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

This lineup is great, I'll mostly be going for the openers but seeing RODT will be the cherry on top. I'm especially stoked for Life Lessons, this is huge for them.

Emokid79 likes this.
  4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Might watch Four Year Strong and Seaway at Riot Fest if that works out, but if I can't, I'd probably pass on this, personally.

Emokid79 likes this.
  5. michael_gatto

Trusted

Curious to see what these songs sound like without the synth...

6. Benny Burrito

popdisaster00 likes this.
  7. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Just fine. Barely noticeable tbh.

8. Cgarnsay

Trusted

See you all in Detroit!

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Listened to Life Lessons and I'm even more excited for this. I think Life Lessons and Grayscale are switching off because my date has Grayscale playing first.

Emokid79 likes this.
  10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Mayday Parade just got done doing a nearly 2 month 10 year tour, which is as long as both FYS U.S. legs combined. The Used did two legs last year for their first two albums. NFG has basically toured the whole year based in the fact that they are playing old abums. A majority of fans are going to see the bands 3 most popular albums, not anything they have made within the last 10 years. I'd argue the Bayside tour is the exception since most anniversary tours are much longer than 10 shows. It's not a typical tour.

Considering the trend of album anniversary tours, its not that desperate. It's not uncommon at all for bands to try to cash in on nostalgia.

11. PEZ experiment

I couldn't wait for the summer and the warped tour

so happy that there is going to be a CA tour date for this! planning on going to the Berkeley tour date 9/27

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's weird, Unless they're from your area I doubt they're switching off

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

NFG is an entirely different story: they're touring on their entire discography, playing two records a night, and just released maybe the best record of theirs in 10 years. They're throwing a legitimate celebration of 20 years of records people all over love. Not even comparable imo. Mayday Parade have remained somewhat consistent and released a great record in Black Lines. The Used... idk. Just because other bands milk these things too doesn't mean FYS isn't, and it feels all the more superficial given they kicked their synth player to the curb as fast as they tried to ditch that sound all together. It wasn't until they crashed and burned and disappeared for a year or two that they came back and lived off their debut.

cwhit likes this.
  14. Emokid79

Regular

Life Lessons is the only reason I may go to this tour. I saw the first leg twice and I'm seeing FYS with Blink and at Riot Fest. So I think i'm good.

15. SPine

Trusted

I've seen Four Year Strong so many times now that them playing my favorite album of theirs is the sole reason I'm going out for it. I don't think they'll ever be able to recreate the magic the first two albums had for the time. Also I love Seaway's Colour Blind so I'm always willing to see them. I've really grown out of the pop punk scene as I've gotten older. Nostalgia is fine with me

pauljgreco and kman22 like this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This 100%

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  17. Pats12Sox34

Regular

What the capacity for the venue in Maine? anyone know? Debating the drive up for this lineup.

18. oldboot

Regular

500. They played there last March and it was probably 2/3 full. I'd assume this will draw better but I don't think it's going to sell out any day soon!

19. MegT585

Trusted

There is a special vinyl pressing that comes with VIP packages- anyone know if they are selling the vinyl online in the future or outside the tour?

20. lindsaylove081

Regular

I could not agree more. Adornment is the best pop punk album I've heard in quite a long time. They are incredible.

darkstorms139 and pauljgreco like this.
  21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I've been seeing Grayscale for a long time because they've been the local opener on a ton of pop punk tours coming through Philly for years. They've always been a band I've enjoyed but nothing blew me away until this album. One of the better albums I've heard in a while. Might be a top ten album for me this year. So solid. Definitely going to be the highlight of the show for me!

lindsaylove081 and michael_gatto like this.
  22. lindsaylove081

Regular

That's awesome! I saw them in Pittsburgh with As It Is a few weeks ago but all I knew was Palette lol. I was like who are these guys. They were incredible live playing songs from Adornment and I bought the CD there for $5 and the rest is history. Now I'm like I've got to go to this tour and see them now that I actually know all the words and am super into it. What are your favorite songs from Adornment?

pauljgreco likes this.
  23. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I love Beautiful Things and Let It Rain a ton. Atlantic is up there, too. Come Undone is a really interesting song. It sounds so fun.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  24. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Just listened to Adornment today. Forever Yours hit me very hard and has to be one of the saddest breakup songs I have ever listened to.

pauljgreco and lindsaylove081 like this.
  25. lindsaylove081

Regular

Forever Yours still hits me every time- it is beautiful. I agree with many that you mentioned. Come Undone is really fun-- it was awesome when Patty Walters came out during Grayscale's set and sang it.
    I would have to say my faves are Forever Yours, Beautiful Things, Atlantic, Mum, & Slept.

pauljgreco likes this.