Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain (February 28, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Go Down In History is overrated to me so I’m surprised to see such high praise for it. I know it was a return to form after their pivot on Shape but to see it as their best work is wild to me.

Tread Lightly and So You’re Saying There’s A Chance are great for sure but the EP as a whole is just alright.

2. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think if you cut the acoustic song and the worst part about me, this would be close to their best album. its somehow both their heaviest and their catchiest shit in a while. it rules.

brad4846 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  3. himynameisdakota

Regular

This is the most I’ve liked a “pop punk” album in years. The Will Putney production works so well.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This and especially 2018’s Proper Dose by The Story So Far are the only two pop punk records I have liked (and with Proper Dose - LOVED) in a long time.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dang. Proper Dose is so good. I also really liked Trophy Eyes - The American Dream.

JamesMichael and mattylikesfilms like this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

guess I should give Proper Dose another try eh?

7. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Yup

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Absolutely

9. I like this record, but will not stand for all the slander on the self-titled. That record has some incredible tracks.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah i don’t understand the gripin’ about self-titled. Ive always seen it as a direct reflection of the EP everyone loves so much.

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

I strongly feel S/T is their worst record

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. I raise you We All Float Down Here, I'm a Big Bright Shining Star, and The Sound of Your Heart.

Also Eating My Words? I Hold Myself in Contempt?

the production took a second to get used to but now I love it, a really unique drum sound for a pop punk record. I can see how that's an acquired taste. Also, Go Down in History is a great track but did not need to be on the record, it's so obvious it was recorded in a different session and the production on that EP is the worst (songwriting is great tho)

13. BrianCa Mar 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2020)
    BrianCa

Really like this album! Fave tracks are Crazy Pills, Learn to Love the Lie and Seventeen
    download guitar ringtones at: Download Guitar Ringtone FREE

14. Shaun

cool dogs

Alan's falsetto in the middle of Young At Heart *chefs kiss*

Mark Connolly likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hold Myself In Contempt, We All Float and Who Cares are all top tier but I don't really care for much else on the album. Not bad just not memorable

I did go back through ISWSOF yesterday and still think some of those songs are underrated. Specifically The Infected, Fairweather Fan and Sweet Kerosene

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Me too and I think Unbreakable is the best song they've written

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I absolutely love S/T, has a lot of my favorite stuff from the band. ISWSOF is easily their worst, no? You guys bumping that on the reg?

BigMouth likes this.
  18. 333 GANG

ACAB

I was lukewarm on ISWSOF when it came out, but I’ll take it over S/T all day nowadays.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ISWSOF is definitely their worst

20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I like some songs on it, fairweather fan and falling on you are great, but i thought it was known and agreed that it was so bad it nearly killed the band

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely their worst album but just has a few bangers I think

22. The songs on ISWSOF just felt so rushed, like the majority of it was written as it was being recorded and they just had to go with the first ideas that came to their heads or something. I didn't mind the sonic change up at the time, but there were sooo many moments I'd be listening to that record in disbelief that they really couldn't think of a way to punch most if it up.

23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

too butt rocky

24. ISWSOF has their lowest lows but the songs I dug, I truly dug. S/T just left me whelmed all the way and I never warmed up to Kurt's production. It just didn't work for me.

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Guess I'm the only one that likes ISWSOF :shrug: I don't think FYS has released a bad album just the most forgettable one to me is S/T

Petit nain des Îles likes this.