Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain (February 28, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Only had one listen but found it rather forgettable and unremarkable. Will give it a few spins over the weekend

2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Opener feels like if Maniac had a deranged fucked up cousin that you only see once a year but it’s a hoot n holler every time

3. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Uselessly Useless is a top three fys chorus

BornToRun and Shaun like this.
  4. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this is weak. I like my FYS catchy and this is just meh. Hopefully they don't play more than a few new songs on the Silverstein tour.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this and New Found Glory’s new album on my run today. This album kicks NFG’s new albums ass.

MegT585 likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Found this enjoyable on first listen, better than expected honestly

7. skoopy

Regular

Wasn't anticipating how heavy some of these tracks would be given the singles I heard but with putney at the helm I suppose I should have. Idk I'm kinda with you guys that catchy fys is best fys but this is a totally fine addition to the discog. At the very least it's good to hear these dudes firing on all cylinders again.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Never really got into them but I’m thoroughly enjoying this album.

Shaun likes this.
  9. Shaun

cool dogs

don't know if you mean writing quality or the quality of the mix but agreed on both fronts. they were really going in on the "no fancy computer shit, just us rippin' bro" mentality with GHID and self-titled which is fine but i like glossy FYS, songs like Learn to Love the Lie benefit that bit more from the cleaner production i think

10. DannyZach

Trusted

I did EXCATLY same thing yesterday haha...Iam probably in the minority on this page saying that I really like new NFG album and Iam huge NFG fanboy and never really got into FYS aside of couple songs on every album.But after yesterday’s run I gotta say this is the first FYS album I really love from the start to the end AND I like it probably more than new NFG which is insane to me.It literally made me spent 40$ on tickets to their show on Tuesday.

11. Kuri44

I’be never been a huge FYS fans aside from a few songs here and there, but I think this is the catchiest FYS album, though that doesn’t seem to be the general consensus

EDIT: actually I forgot about EOTW, just started a re listen of that one and this one may be a bit catchier based off memory

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really enjoying this record overall. Also, a big shout out to Will Putney since he totally captured the live energy here.

BornToRun and 333 GANG like this.
  13. MegT585

Trusted

Wasn’t expecting to love this as much as I do. It has been on repeat for me all weekend. Such a fun album

BornToRun and mattylikesfilms like this.
  14. MattNCheeze

Trusted

1:33 delivery on seventeen sounds exactly like some song off RODT and I love it

15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Will Putney made this sound great. Would’ve loved this production on the last album.

brad4846 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  16. DannyZach

Trusted

Definitely addicted on this album!Great workout music and the chorus in The Worst Part About Me is huge! (Although the melody is excatly same as verses in Crazy Pills haha)

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I really love this. Going to be a perfect summer album

333 GANG likes this.
  18. Is FYS a part time gig for these guys nowadays? I know Alan has a farm and does some producing, but not sure of the others.

19. brad4846

Regular

Somewhat, they still tour frequently and do the Worcester holiday show every year... but definitely not as much as they used to.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I’m assuming they’ll do an Enemy Of The World tour this year

tyler2tall likes this.
  21. This sounds and feels stuck in the late 00's. Go Down In History was such a return to form and they could've easily build on that Lamb Of God influenced style, which sounded fresh in the genre at the time. At least this is better than whatever the previous album was named, but aside from few slightly "out there" guitar parts and curveballs, it's still not that good. Pop punk might not be a genre that interest me that much anymore, but like... sorry for being sick of hearing the same chord progressions, harmonies and melodies over and over again I guess?

Plus all the aforementioned reasons concerning JJR and Pure Noise etc. of course

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I actually always thought Go Down In History was pretty overrated. I think every other song on that EP was better

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The band will never be able to recapture the absolute laser focus they had on that EP

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. Shaun

cool dogs

after the double fell swoop of letting go of Josh and ISWSOF (which i've slowly came around on but hated for years lol), that EP was the perfect comeback. i still remember how excited i got when they put out an instagram video of Dan playing the So You're Telling Me There's A Chance riff