Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain (February 28, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. 333 GANG Jan 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2020)
    333 GANG

ACAB

Anyway, this one is really tough for me. I really love this band’s music, and I’ve had good experiences personally with the members of this band. I have a lot of wonderful memories attached to their shows and interacting with them as people, and their first couple records are very important to me. I fell off with the last one, but I’m really enjoying these new songs.

At the same time, I think their support of JJR is repulsive, and while they may not have been in involved in any sort of abuse directly, they are absolutely complicit in tolerating his scummy behaviour and even worse, giving him a platform within this scene. It leaves an awful tase in my mouth, and really pisses me off.

I need to take some time to sort out my own personal feelings about all of this and how to proceed with this band, but what I think I’ll probably end up doing is listening to this record and probably enjoying for what it is, but no longer financially supporting them in any way. I will not buy this record or see them live on any future dates. I simply don’t feel comfortable doing so.

I also think it’s important that people keep bringing it up in threads like these so people have all the information they need to decide where they stand. Nobody should ever discourage people from discussing abuse or those complicit in it.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This is where I'm at as well. On top of this, I have several friends that like the band as well, so I'll be sharing what I know about the situation to dissuade them from financially supporting the band, and let them make up their minds on the situation.

solxace and 333 GANG like this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Front Porch Step is not signed to Pure Noise and has not been since 2015.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Did the label actively drop him, or is it because he’s been inactive? Was there any kind of statement made?

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

ah alright, I assumed JJR stood for the name of the Front Porch Step guy because I remembered him being Jake something or other.

333 GANG likes this.
  6. btr

Trusted Supporter

Pure Noise removed him from promo/roster/tour after the news broke in December 2014/January 2015. He then disappeared, played a Warped Tour date summer 2015. Disappeared again, then came back in 2017 claiming to have found God and by putting out an album under his own label. He then disappeared again until these recent rumors of a return.

No statement but 2015 Pure Noise said in interviews they are "no longer working with FPS".

333 GANG likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idk anything about that but they signed Harry Corrigan’s band post allegations and were general shit heads about the whole thing. @Jason Tate can speak for the dude who runs it, I believe

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This one hurts for me too. I know a lot of people on this site would probably laugh at me for saying this but this band truly meant a whole hell of a lot to me back in high school and early college. But I can't stand by while they continue to employ/financially support JJR, and continue to tour with his band, without caring about the message that sends. I can't enjoy their music anymore, it isn't fun to me the way it used to be and I can't connect with anything they say as at all sincere. It really sucks to have to let go of music that meant a lot to you but there's always other bands out there.

Snoblin, Joe4th, 333 GANG and 4 others like this.
  9. andysoto523

Regular

Not that big of a fan of the 2 songs. They're decent but like many others I believe I just grew out of them. I became a big fan in 2010 after seeing them at Warped and had Enemy of the World on heavy rotation that year.

I saw them in 2015 with TSSF and while they were solid, I definitely wasn't as excited to see them as before. I'd go see them if they play EOTW in full this year or if they're at a festival in already attending but I haven't gone out of my way to see them for awhile now.

10. Not a big fan of the new songs. I don’t think they’ll ever recapture what they used to have.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Talking Myself In Circles is a jam

Brain Pain is also solid

I’m sure like the last album I’ll only return to a few songs but excited for new tunes

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

cbronder1, Zeke, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  13. latortuga

Regular

New track is surprisingly really great!

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

oh yeah thats the best of the three for sure

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Love these tracks

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Still not going to buy this record, but I really like these songs.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. btr

Trusted Supporter

Two more weeks!

18. MattNCheeze

Trusted

bouncy boiz

19. Zeke

Regular

The new single is great and music video as well!

20. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Great track. Album sounds like it's gonna be a nice blend of Self Titled and In Some Way, Shape, or Form.

21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Listened to their entire discography today and forget how good ISWSOF

22. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

On first listen!

23. Shaun

cool dogs

will give it more time to sit but on first listen, i think its their best album since Enemy. absolutely adore Crazy Pills, Learn to Love the Lie, Seventeen, Be Good When I'm Gone and Usefully Useless. Young at Heart is also probably my favorite closer since Maniac and a great balance between their heavy and chill sides.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very stoked to jam this. Love the singles

25. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Really enjoying this