Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain (February 28, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Interesting stylistic change for them but I could listen to any Seaway song and get the exact same effect

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Maybe you could spend less time defending Ronald McDonald and more time speaking about against this band!

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I like his burgers tho

OhTheWater likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I was just thinking the other day how weird it is that there were multiple Ronald McDonald actors during our lifetime and we didn't really notice a change. Also, where has Ronald been? I miss him. I get the whole not having kids eat fast food thing, but I want Ronald back!

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. bruh

6. Anthony_

I think Ronald's sadly been phased out because of the general mood toward clowns being not-so-positive lol

Colby Searcy and OhTheWater like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is like the 40th interaction we've had about something like this! You can't criticize people in one thread for mocking Ronald McDonald while injustices are going on in the world and then still support super problematic bands. Make a choice! Grow up!

Joe4th likes this.
  8. every time you interact with my posts I'm just gonna make another burner account to sub to ronald

That also wasn't my point lol

9. brad4846 Jan 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2020)
    brad4846

Regular

Exactly what I want musically from FYS in 2020.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  10. Anthony_

You want them continuing to financially support a dude who attempted to silence people speaking out against sexual assault by bullying and harassing them?

11. brad4846

Regular

Nope, musically.

12. Anthony_

well, I mean...they’re still doing that too

13. brad4846

Regular

I agree it's horrendous and it has been stated multiple times throughout this thread already. I was stating my opinion on the song, I am allowed to have an opinion on the song regardless of how i feel about the people associated with the band.

ZooZooChaCha, Entoine and boo7er like this.
  14. Anthony_

And I'm allowed to keep bringing it up!

15. brad4846

Regular

I agree!

16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Full cover:

[​IMG]

17. CAC3

Dog

Thank you for explaining!

18. I dunno if it’s the artwork or the experimenting with heavier/darker sounds, but this all reminds me of Catalyst era New Found Glory.

It’s too bad these guys went and supported an abuser like they did and never even so much as acknowledged any of it. The music’s not so much for me anymore anyway, but even if it was I couldn’t imagine finding a way to justify supporting them. They may not have a known history of abuse themselves, but they’re actively aiding abusers in feeling comfortable within the scene and that’s some truly bogus shit.

19. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I knew it reminded me of something but just couldn't place what.

20. soggytime

Trusted

I would have been so excited about this circa 2010 when I had 'Enemy of the World' on repeat. But ehh even before knowing about who they support I kinda moved on from them

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeah, I've both aged out of their music for the most part, and have aged out of their attitude regarding JJR. The "we don't give a fuck" thing might have been cool to 16 year old me or whatever, but 30 year old me is more "ehhh nah"

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

Album is up for preorder on Apple Music with 2 singles

23. socklord

Trusted

Surprised this band is still around and, frankly, wish they would go away forever after continually supporting and celebrating known shithead JJR

Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  24. Bane

The spiciest meme

oh wtf I didn't know they were still messing around with the Front Porch Step dude and have him as a manager even? Jesus. The new song popped up on my youtube and I went and listened to it before coming into here and seeing all of this, was gonna say new song is decent but man yea nevermind I can go back to not thinking about them again lol

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Nah, you have two things mixed up. JJR (John James Ryan) works for them in some capacity, and he also plays in a band called Keep Flying who are signed to Pure Noise Records. FYS have also openly supported them by bringing them on tour.

Jake McElfresh is the guy from Front Porch Step. He’s also (or at least was, I haven’t kept up with the situation) signed to Pure Noise. He’s apparently working on some sort of comeback.