Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Year Strong - Brain Pain (February 28, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. btr Jan 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2020)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

1. It's Cool
    2. Get Out Of My Head
    3. Crazy Pills
    4. Talking Myself In Circles
    5. Learn To Love The Lie
    6. Brain Pain
    7. Mouth Full Of Dirt
    8. Seventeen
    9. Be Good When I'm Gone
    10. The Worst Part About Me
    11. Usefully Useless
    12. Young at Heart

Release Date: February 28, 2020
    Label: Pure Noise Records

Pre-orders: Four Year Strong

azzy01, beachdude and CAC3 like this.
  2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

team up team up

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

i wonder when they will officially announce this and put out a single i doubt they will drop it with no promo

4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Their Twitter bio says 1.14.20 so maybe tomorrow?

5. CAC3

Dog

Wooooooo, excited to have new music from these guys. I really loved the collection of reworked songs they released.

6. I hope it’s good...

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Wonder if Keep Flying will be direct support on their next tour or if some other band will be on the bill between them

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hope they progress their sound. I’m in the minority but I love ISWSOF

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That's certainly a different type of cover for them. won't be spending anything on tickets, merch or album sales but I'll check this out. hope they nail the stylistic change this time

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

slayer

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

definitely better art than the last go round, if still very ugly haha

12. Rise Or Die Trying is such a damn good album. They perfectly captured that easy core sound.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hey please don’t support these guys, they actively employ JJR and continue to tour with his dumb band! There are plenty of other bands you can support

Also fuck Pure Noise

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

Can’t believe it’s been 5 years since the last album. Need new workout music!

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hey, you made the thread and posted already. Why did you post this?

16. btr

Trusted Supporter

Because I didn’t actually discuss any thoughts yet? Just info posted by me above. I’m also a fan and not just posting the thread to be informative.

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Just a weird look after my post, ya know?

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Ah can see that now that it was like half an hour after haha. Haven’t been on here since this afternoon. Not intentional!

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Brain Pain?

20. 2010 me would have been stoked, but they fell off so hard, that plus the Pure Noise thing

21. andysoto523

Regular

Interested in checking out the album but I'd be a lot more stoked for a 10 year tour playing all of Enemy of the World tbh

22. CAC3

Dog

What happened with Pure Noise? Apologies for my ignorance.

23. Crisp X Jan 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2020)
    Someone else could sum it up better as it has been a few years and I'm not sure about the details. Few bands from the label got called out for employing or being associated with JJR. Pure Noise didn't take the allegations seriously from what I remember, and even signed the latter's band.

edit: It wasn't JJR's band, the post below clears it up

24. Anthony_

The tl;dr situation is that two things happened:

First, Jake McElfresh, aka Front Porch Step, was accused of sexually harassing underage girls, including sending and soliciting nude photos of them, and Pure Noise handled the situation exceedingly badly.

Second, Pure Noise signed a band called No Good News whose drummer had been previously accused of sexual assault and then handled the situation exceedingly badly.

25. Anthony_

And being on Pure Nosie is one thing but like @OhTheWater said above, FYS still actively employs JJR as a tour manager and takes his band out on tour, providing him with both financial support and a platform. Pretty despicable tbh.

Gallhammer and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.