Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Tet Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Four Tet (Kieran Hebden) is an electronic producer from the UK who has collaborated extensively with Burial, Thom Yorke, Jon Hopkins, and Jamie xx. Once a member of 90s post rock outfit Fridge, he rose to prominence as a solo artist following 2003's seminal Rounds, an album whose pensive and contemplative nature birthed a minor genre known as "folktronica" that Hebden has distanced himself from. Since then he has ventured closer to the club on albums like There Is Love In You and the compilation Pink, and gotten more experimental with Morning/Evening, a two track album released last year. His music incorporates everything from jazz and folk signifiers and elements to techno, garage, and jungle music.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

hey

4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Have not but I will check it out some time today

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I will be positively shocked if you don't love her. "Touch," "just once," "2 shy" etc all up your alley. Her album coming this year she just finished

7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

picked up a ticket to see him and anthony naples in a couple months :-)

8. Sophos

Regular

Hello

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

He's playing Toronto within a month of me moving back so I think that show will be a yes for me.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've listened to Morning/Evening but never checked out anything else. Where do I go next?

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Rounds

FTank likes this.
  12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

There is Love in You

Perfect song imo

whitenblue88 likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

More love for Beautiful Rewind (my fav) and Pink plz

His work as Percussions is excellent dance floor material (Blatant Water Cannon, Ascii Bot), the last Text release was a two tracker with Champion and it's amazing

Can't believe I'm finally seeing him DJ with Ben Ufo, madness

15. George

Trusted Prestigious

Over the years there have been some pieces of music that I have made specially for compilation projects or have ended being released only as part of a compilation album. As time passes I look back at this music and find the context it was originally put in often feels a bit random now. So I have put together this new album called Randoms that brings together this music in a different way. The oldest track here is Field from 1996, the first Four Tet track ever released on Leaf Records Invisible Soundtracks compilation. The most recent is Gillie Amma I Love You which was made for a charity project called BOATS in 2013. All the tracks here have been released before and I am sure some internet searching will give you the full details if you are interested. Thank you to everyone who originally commissioned and released this music. The artwork for this was made by Jason Evans.

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

the hendrix cover is dope

17. Inna Selez

Regular

This is not everyday music, but really unusual. It can set a certain tone for mood. Liked "She Just Likes To Fight", "Plastic People" and "Nova" in collab with Burial.

18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Love There Is No Love In You

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Re-discovered his remix of The xx - Angels the other day. I want him and Jamie to collaborate a bit more.

Chaplain Tappman likes this.
  20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Love this track

21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone listen to the 12" he did with Champion this year? I played Disparate a lot when it came out but just listening to Flip Side today. Both are great tracks.

22. Inna Selez

Regular

Can I find it on youtube or somewhere else?

23. Horrorca

Trusted

saw him live like a month ago - so fucking good

I like how he mixes the heady stuff with the party stuff

24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

im an idiot and didnt go see him when i had the chance because i didnt wanna go alone

25. Inna Selez

Regular

Take a chance next time, buddy!