Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fortnite Battle Royale Video Game • Page 98

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jan 19, 2018.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The popularity has gotten to their heads.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  2. Zach Nov 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2018)
    Zach

Trusted Supporter

Goooooood, use your anger

Join us on Black Ops

(It’s $40 at Walmart)

Edit: or get Battlefield V

johnnyferris likes this.
  3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I think we've been spoiled by how great Epic has been so far and we lose sight of the fact they are one of, if not the, most community-focussed and responsive developers out there. Players:

Hated people spamming rockets/grenade launchers at endgame - ammo capped
    Hated double pump - gone
    Added Double Barrel for those who abused double pump - nerfed it when it was too powerful
    Hated explosions damaging through structures - gone within days
    Hated p90s being so powerful - nerfed
    Hated SMG meta - still an issue but they vaulted the drum gun which, in hindsight, was a ridiculous gun w/ 50 magazine lol

There are still issues for sure, but things like the SMG Meta must be incredibly difficult to counter and keep everyone happy. Turrets are a bad idea impo, but other than that I am still as happy with this game as when I started playing in late s2/early s3. I know the game is still "early access", but the constant tweaking and changing Epic does to make it a better experience for us is not something I think i've ever seen before.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I’ll never play black ops. Call of duty is why I stopped playing video games for like 4 years haha

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Some of those are nice for sure. They definitely took a few steps back putting dynamite in the game. It's C4 all over again

6. Zach

Trusted Supporter

The issue is that they fix these things but then add dumb shit or break the game because things weren’t tested enough. Then by the time it’s fixed, they’ve added something else that nobody asked for and breaks the game. They just need to slow down and not try to appease people quickly, while sacrificing quality. I have faith that they can right the ship but playing the game was a chore for me, and wasn’t fun anymore unfortunately. Once I hear something good again I’ll try it out

Edit: also BO4 is my first COD since MW2. Excited to have BFV around to change things up some

yeahrightdude and ghostedaway like this.
  7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I liked c4 tbh, and I like dynamite in the Wild West mode purely due to how funny it is - I threw 3 sticks in the big hotel place in Paradise Palms and accidentally took the whole building down lol. I never use grenades, stink bombs or even clingers so it's probably just fun for me to mess around with a projectile weapon for once.

Turrets are a bad one and they have def dropped the ball with them, but with where the game is now I don't think slowing down just yet would be something they would consider. I genuinely believe they put these new weapons in to aid the content creators & streamers who showcase the game for them, which in turn drives more interest and revenue for them. New item comes out, Tfue gets insane kills with it while streaming to 25,000 kids, they clip it, share it on all socials and thousands more all jump on and try to replicate him. That's what is fun to the vast majority of the player base - the fact that they have over 8mil regular players and still seems to be no1 most viewed game on twitch imo does justify their current approach. Fortnite just won a best game award at some award show too, so perhaps EPIC's success with streaming and social media engagement have altered the parameters for quality somewhat?

Sorry for the long posts here, i'm just bored lol.

8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve definitely started loving stink bombs recently. You wanna start a build fight with me? No thanks. Eat 15hp damage /second

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. Zach

Trusted Supporter

A lot of people who play it though are on the younger side and have nothing decent to compare it to unfortunately. Like growing up playing Halo 1 and 2, and Battlefield 2: MC and then MW1/2 definitely spoiled me on quality games. That’s not even counting Battlefront 1&2 on OG Xbox before I even had Live. Eventually sacrificing quality for quantity is going to bite them in the ass. Idk how people can watch people play any BR, just so boring to sit and watch. Like baseball

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my sister got a new love for fortnite and she took my account from tier 20 all the way to tier 50 and thank god she at least helped me a bunch.

11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed - I've never watched a twitch stream in my life and never plan to (for any game), but this game peaked at 304,000 viewers this week at a time where a lot of the community is saying the game is at one of it's lowest points. IDK if anyone ITT checks out the BR Reddit page but they are so fickle it is unreal - A lot of the gripes they have with the state of the game this week will be forgotten when this snowstorm that's approaching the island hits.

They should slow down with LTM's though because those are where it's glaringly obvious they lack quality - this recent food fight one was the worst yet.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  12. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I frequent there to keep up with updates but outside of that I don’t do much. I watch streams initially if I’m trying to decide get a game or not, but once I get it, I stop

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The pump is getting epic and legendary versions

14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

After spending yesterday getting one-shot with the green & blue versions, I am uhhhh, not looking forward to that :-|
    I kinda considered the double-barrel to be the epic & legendary version of the pump, and the heavy to be the epic and legendary version of the tactical shotgun - things were fine as they were!!!

ghostedaway likes this.
  15. CobraKidJon

don’t people complain about shotgun a bunch?

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yup lol. I can see them actually vaulting the double barrel

17. CobraKidJon

that sucks

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

GET RID OF DYNAMITE EPIC THIS IS THE C4 BULLSHIT ALL OVER AGAIN

19. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Starting to enjoy this game quite a bit again. I've got a solo, duo, and squad win in the past 24 hours. I love dynamite and stink bombs. Fight me.

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Been playing this way less the last couple of weeks due to investing in some newer games, but I still have a good time when I get on it. Should be able to reach tier 100 before the end of the season and have enough leftover vbucks to redeem the next season's battle pass for free

21. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Team Rumble will get me playing more than I have been. My playing has gone down significantly after getting rid of 50v50.

22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Team rumble seemed good on the two games I played, just a classic team deathmatch mode. Just picked up an AR, shotgun and SMG then stocked up on as many shields as possible so I could have at least 150 health each time I spawned, was hectic but good fun.

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I reached 100 tier - do the werewolf challenges disappear at the end of the season? Cause idk how they’d expect people to reach the final EXP amount in that short amount of time, like wtf

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I think you'll still be able to do them as long as you reach tier 100 first. I apologize if i'm wrong lol

25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah as long as you reach 100 in season6 you can finish the dire skin upgrades in season 7