Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fortnite Battle Royale Video Game • Page 132

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jan 19, 2018.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

You just said it should be 15 minutes of downtime.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think we as gamers (I include myself) are extremely entitled these days because we are so used to getting patches and updates that feel like new games sometimes. Back in the day we used to have to buy a complete new game when something like this Fortnite 2.0 is happening. They are doing something cool and different and it's complete succeeding in gaining attention around the gaming world. It's hard to draw publicity these days, you usually need to get pretty radical to gain real legit publicity. I think this is pretty genius right now.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I mean, its not coming back up until at least tomorrow. Ninja took two days off. That's not a coincidence. They clearly told him how long the down time would be.

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It appears it's coming back tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

5. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

What they did IMO is smart. They're going to cause so much talk about the game everywhere. Get the press, release a huge update, and the whole world continues to talk about it.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

can't imagine being pissed that a free game is down prior to an overhaul lol

7. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Right, I did, but I forgot that Epic can’t do anything major without having two hours of downtime, and gave them a little more leeway afterwards in my future comments based on their update history, which you promptly ignored.

Idk I just think it’s a little shitty to leave your fans with nothing, many of whom have spent a decent amount of money in-game (not me here, speaking more generally). Like, you tell the streamers, but I just think it is kind of uncool to leave your hardcore fans with no hint of a return time/date.

Obviously I think differently than some people in here (no big deal), maybe cause I haven’t kept playing all of this time, so I’m less invested/interested. Just seems like a lot of “build up” (idk if that is the right word since nothing is happening right now) that I honestly hope is worth it for the fans who stuck with them. Idk Epic has let them down so many times, it’s just hard to have faith in them. Like all of this talk/publicity during downtime means nothing if the map/game is bad and people lose the drive to play. I hope I’m wrong though!

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Didn't something come up about Thursday morning now?

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Trailer leaked. Looks more of the same, added a few cool things that will make it more exciting.

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Looks pretty good, IDK if I will bother with a battle pass any more though because I use about 3 skins and the same 1 cosmetic for all weapons/vehicles lol. Assuming that the rewards in the new BP are usual skins/cosmetics/emotes, of course...

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I stopped after putting hundreds of hours into the game and literally the only thing that will bring me back is a new map since they made the old one a giant piece of absolute shit. Fingers crossed!

13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Just come and play Apex

14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Apex is good but I’ve been invested in single player games for the last few months

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Don’t care about the downtime itself but it is pretty shitty that they gave no hint of how long the game will be down. Especially if they told streamers, meaning they were well aware of how long it would take

PandaBear! likes this.
  16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Just their standard 'scheduled downtime will begin at..." message displayed once the event had ended would've sufficed imo.

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

leaked battlepass trailer is exciting. The ability to carry knocked players rules! Boats are fun. Possibly new type of chests or a new air drop replacement? The ability to hide in dumpsters!!! Fishing, swimming, diving and high fiving your friends too lol

pauljgreco likes this.
  18. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that leaked trailer looks sick!

19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Almost 450k watching on twitch at almost 4am lol

20. 6am EST.

Servers went into downtime

edit: console update seems to be 19gb

yeahrightdude and pauljgreco like this.
  21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

AND WE'VE GOT DOWNTIME.

It's begun! Randomly woke up and figured I'd check out if anything happened. See ya in a couple hours!

22. An update almost equally as big as the original game seems promising.

excited to dive into this later after never really playing.

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

updates out leaks 'bout to drop soon. cloak saying servers should be up in about 90 minutes or so

24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I know a lot of people got really out of this game since it's been the same map for about two years, but I'm super excited to see what happens.
    paulieg68 on Epic if anybody wants to play!

25. Def a new map

yeahrightdude and pauljgreco like this.