Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fortnite Battle Royale Video Game • Page 119

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jan 19, 2018.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

PandaBear! likes this.
  2. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Got glued to a Ninja stream earlier when they were talking about it. It's real interesting like. As a casual watcher of these streamers, you kind of have no idea this sort of thing is going on.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

What was Ninja saying about it? It would be great to see someone his size stand up for others. So far the only person I've seen mention it on stream is Nate Hill and all he seems to be doing is making fun of kids for constantly talking about it and all the other pros trying to get clout by tweeting about it.

4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

To be honest, and I know Ninja gets an awful lot of shit online, he and the guys he was partied with (Timthetatman and a couple of others whose names I don't know) seemed to have some sensible points. I think details were maybe still emerging as they were chatting, but they were debating the ethics of the whole thing, about how easily kids were being manipulated to sign documents like this. But on the other hand, sensibly calling for calm till all the details come out.

He was playing devils advocate a bit more than the other guys. For example, mentioning how many views Tfue was getting before signing the deal and after, so kinda debating what came first the chicken or the egg? Like, his views were miniscule before the exposure, so are the company not entitled for part of the earnings for promoting him and that sort of thing. Would his earnings exist without this contract? That sort of thing.

5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

They were saying that basically people get tied into these contracts all the time (Ninja said he'd been part of "several" of them before), and that the only way to get out of them really is to turn your fans against the company and get them to release you rather than face the bad press. Which might be what Tfue is doing here, raising awareness to settle out of court.

Alternatively, some thought he might know he stands no chance of beating it (since it's a legally binding contract) and that he's doing it to raise awareness.

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I see that point being brought up a lot but I remember watching his stream in the weeks before he signed to faze and he had decent numbers. like... I didn't pay attention to any streamer at all (outside of The Go Off Kings eu) but I was watching tfue so he had big hype behind him before I even know what faze was lol

Also a super funny aspect of all of this is that kid HighSky is 11 years old and everyone knew it and joked about it but no one did anything about it.

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

lol Ninja just said he "loved that Keemstar just interviewed Banks" "I love Banks, dude" so I guess we know where Ninja stands.

Fuck all them... And throw Banks and Keemstar into a wood chipper too

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

esports organizations are terrible in every gaming circle.

It happens in smite all the time where it comes out organizations try to skip out of paying players.

9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

That's why this is interesting, right? From what I've read this could potentially set a precedent for how orgs have to treat their clients.

10. CobraKidJon

I would hope it starts to set a precedent like with how Blizzard is handling Overwatch League and the esports groups but I don’t think it will get fully where it should be.

11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

LOL He was just tweeting bullshit and lies for hours before this and then I assume someone called him out so he had to clarify :crylaugh:

we told you we're not going to collect the money your contract says we're going to collect. Trust me bro. you knew that

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Faze saying every single player gets a different contract while also bragging about making under the table deals with their biggest client doesn't seem like a great PR strategy.

13. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Most of these FaZe dudes seem like complete rodents who I would steer well clear of were I any sort of streamer/content creator/pro gamer. They signed an 11 year old and told him & his family to lie about his age as most competitors need to be 13 or over. When Tfue signed to them originally he was a clout-chasing asshole who fit right in with people like Banks; now he has matured (somewhat) and has outgrown FaZe both personally and professionally he doesn't remotely need them any longer. He and Ninja don't need orgs or contracts full-stop.

14. CobraKidJon

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

They unvaulted the semi-auto sniper rifle lol. Not sure who asked for that to come back

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

LOL they loaded in the wrong LTM. It's just some lame balloon/flint knock mode right now.

ghostedaway likes this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Took a little while but I love the combat shotgun now. Got my personal team rumble record of 32 kills last night running flint-combat as my only two weapons, could have got 35 at least if others didn’t steal a few kills from me!

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

My duos partner has been slowly building a pc for the last few months and I’ve been dreading the day when I would have to play permanent cross platform...

Turns out today is that day and the first game we played we got an easy 7 kill win. Maybe crossplat won’t be as bad as all the sweaty Xbox endgames

PandaBear! likes this.
  19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Just dropped in and went to land Polar Peak as I always do, and it’s fucking gone?!?!

New storm grenade thing is cool as hell though

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

lol this game sucks now.

21. Zach

Trusted Supporter

That clip was confusing as hell to me lol

22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone still playing relatively frequently? Haven't played since my last post on 6th June and have no real plans to jump back in (feels good, lol), and for the past 4 weeks I would play perhaps 5 games at a time maximum. I don't even want to know what a "proximity launcher" is or whatever the f the new one is called.

23. yeahrightdude Jun 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2019)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I've dropped down significantly. once or twice a week <10 games each time... Mostly because playing on console on the crossplatform servers 100% of the time puts me at a gigantic disadvantage. When the game runs like shit and drops 66% of fps as soon as you get within 20m of someone then it makes fighting against a PC player with 140fps impossible.

The latest updates and the now undeniable ineptitude of epic has washed away any remaining excitement I've had towards the game. It really sucks.

That plus the fact that Epic let convicted cheaters qualify for finals in THE EXACT SAME TOURNAMENT they were banned from for cheating... They're just killing themselves at this point.

PandaBear! likes this.
  24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I couldn't even fathom playing Arena with the game as it is now, the stress would be too much. Haven't played a single solo game this season, only regular mode i've played is Duos and that's no-fill anyway (for some reason I feel less pressure doing no-fill duos?) and for the first time have a 2.0+ k/d so have been playing well. It's just shit like having to fight with burst SMGs, semi auto snipers and grey tacs early game just does not make for a positive experience. It's no coincidence that John Wick was one of the most popular LTMS ever; starting with good weapons off-spawn (plus having 3x respawns) made for a fun, balanced experience.

If I had been in a position to play for a WC spot, those two idiot cheaters even being allowed to compete (let alone qualify) would have been the final nail in the coffin. People like Ninja, Sypher, NickMercs - huge streamers that would add so much to the WC - are not going to be qualifying (I know they have one more shot but chances are extremely slim) but XXiF is allowed to compete for millions of dollars. Just annoying.

25. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’ve played a lot more this season than last, but only when my friends are online. It’s really competitive now so most of the time I feel like never even trying solos

PandaBear! likes this.