Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fortnite Battle Royale Video Game • Page 114

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jan 19, 2018.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

What did he do?

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

He did duos with randoms all day, and he tried to hide his voice, but there were stream snipers all day. The last one was this kid, who was the most polite, down to earth kid ever. Like insanely polite, like there was a part where he said 'Tim over here. Can I call you Tim, was that disrespectful? I'm sorry" Apologized a lot, it was pure.

Anyways, he kept complaining that he wasn't doing good because he didn't have a good PC and the game wouldn't render fast enough so he kept apologizing for it. But he had 40k streamers on Twitch; his chat found the kids Twitch name he was playing with, all of them subcribed and he went from <100 followers to 5k. Which means he can get a creator code, etc.

But, someone in chat mentioned that they should get NZXT to donate him a PC. So somehow (I missed this part), they found his paypal, and chat donated over $600 to this kid so he could get a new PC. And Tim said he'll donate another $500 to make sure he can get a gaming PC. The kid was in tears, saying he loves Tim, that this was the best day ever, etc.

I'll post the Youtube video tomorrow once he cuts it. It was so fucking cool.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That's fucking awesome! Do you remember the kid's twitch name? I'll give him a follow

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Tim owns. The majority of the major “content creators” are nice as hell and will do great things for their subscribers at times, which is why I prefer to watch them over the “pros” for sure. I watch Tfue and, correct me if I’m wrong, there is no way he has done anything like what Tim did lol.

(I only ever watch on YT though so unless it makes it into the YT vids I miss everything else that happens on a stream!)

yeahrightdude likes this.
  5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Tfue definitely does good but it's usually off stream work with make-a-wish and children's hospitals from what I've seen. Nate Hill used to do random duos a lot and I saw Courage do them recently. It's so wholesome to see kids react. Courage Lupo and Tim were playing with this random 11 year old that they all added and kept playing with because the kid was pretty good and he was just the perfect example of "kids say the darnedest things". Lotta fun

PandaBear! likes this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

ghostedaway likes this.
  7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

ghostedaway likes this.
  8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Is stream sniping actually a thing or just kind of a joke? It make no sense to me because what are the odds that you'll even know that you're in the same match with a streamer? And even if you are, congrats that's just 1 person out of 100 that you can see.

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It's definitely real. Happens every time I watch Daequan

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, definitely real. Just today Tim had 30k+ people watching. They just wait until he joins a lobby, then join at the same time, watch the death names come up to see if they're in the same game and then hunt him down. It's plainly obvious.

11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Stream sniping is such an insane concept. Its weird that people actually think they’ll get famous from it or whatever... It’s apparently pretty easy to do though because streamers value the live interaction with their chat more than the actual game.

I was watching cloak one day and the same guy met him at the beginning of like 8 out of 10 matches. He would just bring shield, mats, and ammo to cloak and then dance until cloak killed him.

One time I did successfully load into the same game as Alex and Aaron from the Chapo Trap House stream just to see how easy it was. It took me 2-3 tries but I got in. I just kinda followed them to their drop and then jumped off the side without interacting so I wouldn’t interrupt their game.

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, some of them can be funny and just emote and play around. But you can tell a lot of just trying to say "I killed Ninja!"

13. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Hamlinz quit playing for a little while as he was getting 6-7 stream snipers per game!!! Was nuts seeing him swarmed by dancing idiots even in less populated drops like frozen greasy grove

14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Also, the new bow seems fun (reminds me of the one in The Last of Us!), Tfue has got a good vid on YT of him getting some outrageous kills with it already lol

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Streamers won't be allowed to use stretched resolution in tournaments anymore

PandaBear! and yeahrightdude like this.
  16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is a good change. It feels like cheating. I know a lot of people are mad about it though because Epic originally said it was allowed and now they're kinda pulling a switcheroo haha

PandaBear! and ghostedaway like this.
  17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I agree. Now we'll see who's actually skilled at the game haha

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is why streamers are so mad at the update as well. They rely on getting kills which used to give them guaranteed health, shield, and mats, and now that it's all gone, they aren't winning as much. I think a few even said that the old way gave them "content." It seems so selfish and lame that they are constantly complaining about these changes, but what do I know.

ghostedaway likes this.
  19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

The new bow is SO over powered. Get in on it before the nerf haha literally a long distance shotgun with the ability to see exactly what you're going to hit

21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

lol if epic released zombies again NOW, while all the streamers are already fuming mad, would be insane.

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It's just the ''mystery'' skin that comes out in two weeks if you complete the required amount of challenges for it

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I have not played in weeks. I wonder if I can manage to get close to 100.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Made it to Division 5 today after not playing arena for a week or so and not trying at all. Only 125 more points away from being able to play in World Cup qualifiers lol

New York City here I come, baby!