Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fortnite Battle Royale Video Game • Page 110

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Jan 19, 2018.

1. PandaBear! Feb 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2019)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Holy cow at the newest update:

• Planes will no longer be able to smash through structures

• Zipline interact prompt added, and using a Zipline will grant fall damage immunity

• Hand Cannon structure damage reduced from 150 to 100

• Turbo Build delay decreased from 0.15s to 0.05s

• Rocket Launcher reload time increased from 2.52s to 3.24s

• Added the ability to crouch while in Edit Mode

• Rocket launchers will NOT appear in chests any more(!!!), supply drop and vending machine only

Pretty much giving the top streamers exactly what they want. I never seemed to suffer too badly at the hands of planes (literally feels like less people on EU servers use them compared to what i see of the NA ones!) but I personally feel that is the opposite change they need to make to them - they should remove the turret instead.

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

not happy with planes not being able to go through structures

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Wow big changes today.

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I've never really been keen on the idea of health/shield per kill in standard modes if I'm honest, it's one of those things that people think will narrow the gap between the good and bad players but it just does the opposite.

The great thing about games like this is that you can find success with different playstyles - health/shield per kill rewards the hyper-aggressive "sweats" because they no longer see any risk of brainlessly pushing enemies; they can get hit for 150 damage by someone, win the fight by the skin of their teeth and still end up in a position where they can brainlessly push the next person they see rather than have to take a more measured approach and actually weigh up whether it's worth playing so direct.

Dropping it from 50 to 25 would be a better starting point, as one mini's worth of shield never really seems like enough in-game!

yeahrightdude and AFoolsGlory like this.
  5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I'm excited for this secret skirmish. It's been a while since a big tournament like this so I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone does after all the new changes lately.

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

thanks Apex Legends

johnnyferris likes this.
  7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Letting pros dictate the way you run your game is an incredibly stupid idea. Rewarding third partiers proves they have no idea what they’re doing now.

Zach and AFoolsGlory like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

I’m still confused on the whole why make planes not be able to destroy structures besides small ones. that doesn’t make sense at all.

9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

They (Fortnite) are still doing big numbers on Twitch but lately it seems Ninja is getting 75k+ viewers playing mostly Apex atm, so when the poster boy seems like he's jumping ship and taking that many viewers with him then they probably have to do all they can from a business perspective to try and get him/his audience back. The pros have so much power over audiences that any game will have to suck up to streamers - Apex is paying Ninja, Shroud and all the other big streamers to play it (calling them #ApexPartners) I think and it seems to be working very well for them.

Fortnite still has Tfue (but they can't have him as their main guy because he is quite possibly the most negative human being I've ever seen lol) and almost all of those changes in the latest update are things that he has complained about for weeks on end. Most of the changes are good though, so if pleasing the streamers gets us a better game then it's all good!

10. Matt

just make a "Streamer Mode" and call it a day

11. Matt

Anyone have any recs for a headset/mic to use for Fornite on the Switch? I play on PS4 but my girlfriend likes to play with us sometimes on her Switch. Every review I've read for the different available headsets seem to have issues.

12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Picked up a hoverboard while in top 10 in a duos match, got a little too cocky and ended up flying off the side of the map and dying while trying to do 1080s lmao

yeahrightdude and cybele like this.
  13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

PandaBear! likes this.
  14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Free battle pass for season 8 achieved :praise:

johnnyferris and yeahrightdude like this.
  15. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

The state of this game is a joke, and has finally turned me away. Epic cave to whatever streamers moan about because they crave the publicity. Items are constantly coming and going, the game is in a constant state of flux and no single idea gets thought out.

The latest example is planes apparently being vaulted. Just no long term thinking whatsoever.

16. CobraKidJon

Apex Legends has them shook.

17. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

It's been like this for months though. Introduce a weapon or an item. Community just about gets used to it. Streamers or vocal minority moan about it. Vaulted. Give the game some time to breathe, and also don't tailor your map and numerous POIs to something if you're going to vault it.

18. Zach

Trusted Supporter

They need to just take a break. Come back with a map and solid road map. Cycle the maps together. Hell, you could have different weapons on each map if you wanted so you could have two different metas

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I played Apex last night. I definitely see why the game is taking over but damn I'm awful lol

20. CobraKidJon

PandaBear! likes this.
  21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Free battle pass challenges completed. Just need a few more tiers to get to 100.

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. PandaBear! Feb 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2019)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Probably my worst season for wins tbh, been absolutely terrible. Think I got 7 solo wins, compared to 36 in season 6 :verysad:. I've literally improved a lot at things like aiming and hitting shots (shotgun especially) but I was just stomped for an entire 10 weeks lol. Even this weekend I've come 2nd a handful of times and it's always a guy with 14 kills or some shit that is beating me. Lot of people have been asking for ranked matchmaking and I think I feel the same now too...

Edit: 8 solo wins now, got one after the last guy glided into a well-hidden trap that someone else had placed on the side of a build lmao

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

One more overtime challenge until I get the free battle pass

24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

If they fucking bring back zombies in the form of a dragon/snakes I might be done with this game. I’m not convinced Epic isn’t actively working to destroy their own game.

25. CobraKidJon

went to GameStop to pick up a game and these like 8 year old kids were crying to their mom to buy them these fortnite toys.

She was all yelling at them that she already bought $100 worth of toys from fortnite for them.

It reminded me why I don’t play this game but also these kids could 100% beat me in the game.

yeahrightdude likes this.