Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Former Prestigious Accounts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jason Tate, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Currently to join the prestigious ranks on forum.chorus.fm you need to have a combination of one year of posting and 15,000 posts (or you can upgrade your account). However, I feel slightly bad ;-p about members with prestigious status on AbsolutePunk.net coming here and not having access to the perks of prestige on these forums. Therefore, if this applies to you, please post in this thread with what your previous prestigious username was on AP.net and I will do my best to upgrade your account. Due to the time this will take to do individually, this is a limited time dealio.

Also, please consider signing up for one of our membership programs if you like the website or you're running an ad-blocker of some kind. Good karma, ad-blocking absolution, and quite a few perks are built-in (with more coming soon).

2. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

I love this idea, but I think the name "prestigious" has a weird feel. Not sure what a better name is, but "prestigious" just sounds odd. I absolutely think a membership program is ideal, especially given the current landscape of online editorial and web forums, etc. Moreover, multi-tiered membership is definitely the way to go. Reward those who want to deeply invest in the future of Chorus.FM and want to contribute financially. That is an absolute must and the correct way to move forward.

Jonathan Gunasingham likes this.
  3. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

pls

4. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

What he said! (Except it's pronounced leviosa.) My previous username was Erik the Orange, but I figured new forum, new name. Plus, let's be honest: Erik the Orange was always a pretty dumb username.

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

That'd be cool! I've been around many years but only recently got up over 2k posts on AP, amazes me ppl get over 10k. i'm so ridiculously quiet/non-talkative
    (i've been AndrewSoup on AP, and most other sites)

tommymcphail likes this.
  6. TALK MORE.

:teethsmile:

tommymcphail likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

TRYING MY BEST :teethsmile:

8. noxee

Regular Prestigious

This is probably the first forum I've really ever contributed to and I've only written 44 posts... I think I'll be shocked to see 100 haha

9. :embarrassed:

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I just passed 12,000 B-)

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. AndrewSoup

in 15 days i'll have been an AbsolutePunk member for 5 years! and only 2238 posts, hahaha :tongue:

12. Hahhaa. 5 years. Man. I can't believe how long that website has been around to be honest. It still sometimes just hits me on my ass. I turn 33 next week or something and I've been doing something like this since I was like 14.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  13. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Holy crap, apparently I've been an AP.net user for 3 years and I only have 22 posts...

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. AndrewSoup

I think it was some of your reviews in particular that drew me to the site, actually!
    I can't remember exactly, but it was probably the Fall Out Boy "Infinity On High" review. I got linked there from Wikipedia, looking up info and such about various artists (as i still do now, lol)

15. Oh god.

Ok need another beer for that one.

16. Haha, that's amazing. I am bringing some of those (really badly written) reviews back to the archive. I am half embarrassed people read them and half so happy. Gotta remember to keep making sure they're on Wikipedia.

17. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Speaking of beer. Is there a buy a beer for Jason fund for your birthday because that's something I'd do. While I haven't contributed a lot to AP.net it's become my go to source for new music and music news. Also some of the discussions that have happen around the site have made me reassess how I approach certain things in my life. So thanks Jason!

18. Punk as fuck = my Hurley t-shirts, bleached tips, puka shells necklace, and a Slick Shoes cd.

19. AndrewSoup

i was sad when i saw you weren't doing reviews anymore! i loved reading your thoughts. it was that+ ManOrc METN review and YC's Paper Walls, as well, being some of the first i read from AP

20. noxee

Regular Prestigious

I feel like another beer as well and I'll I have in the apartment now is red wine...

21. AelNire Mar 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2016)
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Upgrade me to Prestigous if the offer still stands please! Same name AelNire.

22. I'll throw my hat in the ring for this (formerly Fourchordwonder).

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Didn't even bother to come up with a new name. Fuck it. Haha

24. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I have no idea what counts as prestigious on AP, but this made me check my profile over there. (Which is the same name as my high school AIM account, S84newt2000. Amazing)

Apparently my 10 year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, ha! Only 1200 posts in that timeframe averaging .333 a day.

So far this has seemed way more inviting, partly because it's new and has less users (for now), but I really love that I don't have a user's post count staring me in the face. Im really hoping the sense of community and atmosphere that you're wanting to build here catches on because that would certainly encourage me to visit and post in the forums more frequently.

Happy (almost) 10 years, @Jason Tate, we did it!

Jason Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.