Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Forgive Durden – When You’re Alone, You’re Not Alone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Yet another great Seattle band has emerged, and their name is Forgive Durden. This super catchy pop-rock band has released an excellent debut album. When You’re Alone, You’re Not Alone is full of soaring choruses, tempo changes, varied instrumentation, and great production by who else – Casey Bates. Upon first listen of this EP, one will immediately hear the similarities to bands on Rocketstar Recordings – specifically This Providence and Gatsby’s American Dream. Full of technical breakdowns and amazing vocals by lead singer Tom Dutton, currently unsigned Forgive Durden is about to make a name for themselves.

After a lead in track, the second track “No Ace, Just You” immediately displays the talent that Forgive Durden possesses. Offbeats and tempo changes lead into a chorus with passion filled cries. The rest of the song holds plenty of surprises for the listener – nothing ever seems to repeat itself besides the chorus. This song contains a breakdown late into it that reminded me of Gatsby’s American Dream’s “Dragon of Pendor”. I can’t say enough about the talent this band has – it’s something you can just sense when you hear it. The next track, “I am a Heart Watson The Rest of Me is Mere Appendix” continues the trend. The lead-in verses have a terse undertone to them as the guitars cautiously crawl the song forward into another huge chorus. Tom sings with so much passion that it gives me the shivers as everything sounds just – well, big. Again, Casey Bates does an incredible job with production. All the transitions in each song are drastic and aggressive.

The rest of the album continues on in similar fashion, with emotional choruses and punchy beats. The drumming and bass is extremely tight on this album. Overall, the talent and production is stunning for a self-released EP. If there’s any knock on this album, it’s that Forgive Durden does not really explore many different tempos. I’m sure that when they get signed (which they will) they will be able to put out a full-length that allows them to display a wider variety of styles. The album ends with the token acoustic song, which I initially brushed off – but after listening to it, I was sold. Forgive Durden knows how to write excellent songs full of great lyrics and tantalizing hooks. If you took my advice before and discovered This Providence, they might have become your new favorite band. Well, now is your chance to find your new favorite band with a similar style – Forgive Durden. Their entire EP is currently up for streaming at Purevolume.

This article was originally published on AbsolutePunk.net
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.