Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ford to Remove CD Player in New Car • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

My mazda 2016 has no CD player but I put all my music on a USB and play through that so it's more like I have ALL my CDs at the same time.

2. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Horrible horrible financial mistake for me. 2 years of sometimes getting by, othertimes barely not. It's caused me a lot of annoyance, including decisions such as browsing eBay and trying to decide if it's time to sell my old FOB and La Dispute vinyl lately :(

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. DearCory

Regular

I think that is going to be the final nail in the coffin... as soon as Carplay (and Adnroid's Version) become's the standard in cars, is when we'll see most of them ditching the CD player

4. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Same. Mines a 2014 though. That Mazda... always ahead of the trend!

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

2016 jetta still has a cd player but the cars interior/exterior looks like it's from the 90s anyways lol

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ahh really? I ended up buying a new-to-me used car instead and regretted it. I've had nothing but problems and finally stopped sinking $ into it and will just ride it out until it breaks down as I try to save to get a brand new one. I wish I would've just got a brand new one first so at least it would last a while. But now you've scared me lol!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Those tape converters were the cheapest and best way to connect, when you buy the right one. The FM transmitter ones suckkkeddd.

Schooner likes this.
  8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I went from a 1999 Jetta with only a tape deck (where I used that stupid adapter or a FM transmitter) to a new Elantra with no CD player. I skipped completely over the era of CD players in cars haha.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah how rich is every one on this site. I've got a 2009 junk arse Cruze. Everyone here with 2016 cars $$$

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

i wish i didn't buy a new car. horrible financial mistake lol.

joey-wan kenobi and Schooner like this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Hahaha, I didn't realize that, but I did the same thing...also to a 2016 Elantra :crylaugh:

redwing91007 likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I got hyped when I upgraded my 1995 car to a 2008 recently but the 2008 is still junk lol

Schooner likes this.
  13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I was more shocked at the Canadian International Autoshow by the number of GM products that have replaced rear-view mirrors with a rear-view camera screen. Not sure what happens if your camera breaks or is covered with mud.