Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ford to Remove CD Player in New Car

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ford will be removing the CD player from her upcoming 2018 EcoSport.

I’m going to pause for a moment and ask you all to fill in the blank. The Ford Motor Company is about to introduce a car that won’t have a – now, if you guessed steering wheel, you’re a bit early. If you guessed CD player, you’ve been paying attention. Ford is making a car without a CD player. Instead, it will let drivers stream music and receive satellite TV signals. NPR’s Sonari Glinton has this appreciation for the car CD player and a glimpse of the future.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Man, I still remember being 16 and having to buy a jack to plug my discman into the tape deck in my car.

3. aniafc

Trusted

This isn't really surprising, I think. Mini cooper's won't have any brand new car's with CD players with the 2017 model year

4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

my CD player in my Honda broke a few years ago; i miss it sometimes but not enough to ever get it fixed.

5. Supernova Mar 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2017)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

My mom's 2015 Honda CRV doesn't have a CD player either. She did not realize this until after she bought it.

(EDIT: and she wasn't too pleased lol)

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I use my CD player every day; it's why I still buy CD's, so I can blast them in my car without needing an electronic device

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

It's the beginning of the end.

8. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

not too surprising. in fact, i'm surprised it's news - i didn't realize it was that uncommon by now.

9. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

The newest iteration of Mazdas don't come standard with CD players, either. I test drove one and you could only get the CD player on the Grand Touring model. I just thought it was the standard nowadays. I still use and love to have CDs in my car.

Steeeve Perry and Ferrari333SP like this.
  10. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I just want Apple Carplay on my Sync3 in my Focus already

heymattrick and CMilliken like this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

bluetooth in the car is unreal.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. aniafc

Trusted

I know a few people who work at a BMW a dealership where I live. The majority of BMW's can get carplay, but it's not standard. They joke that people who want carplay say that until they get it and then they hate it haha

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

the only thing that sucks about carplay is that it's buggy as hell with any apps that isn't apple related. So i usually just bluetooth when using spotify.

14. davecerv

Barely?
    My 2013 Chevy Sonic does not have a CD player. Just a touchscreen with Bluetooth, USB port, and aux port.
    My preferred way of listening to music in my car is via USB thru my 6th gen nano, that little square just stays in there at all times. Recently I have really gotten into Spotify so I also enjoy music like that.

I do however still love to buy music through iTunes and having a physical CD. I fully support my favorite artists/bands.

I only ever miss having a CD player whenever I buy a cd and I can't get listen to it in my car immediately.

15. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

My 2016 Civic doesn't have one

16. Schooner

Trusted

IMG_8012.JPG
    Haha these things?! I used to have to crank the music cause the tape spinning was so loud it would overshadow my tunes

17. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

My 2015 kia soul came without one. Apparently a cd player was part of the "sport package"... wherever they can cut costs man...

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha EXACTLY!!! These were the jam back in the day, even though they all sucked. Kids these days have noooo idea!

19. ARo24

Regular

Haha, talk about behind the times. I have 2016 Chevy Malibu and there isn't a CD player...

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  20. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly thought no CD player was standard already.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  21. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I have a 2016 Terrain and it doesn't have a CD player. I love my Bluetooth

22. jols

Trusted Prestigious

I still use these with my phone. Have to buy one almost every year because they short out.

Schooner likes this.
  23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

y'all and ur new cars

[​IMG]

24. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I still make mixed cds on the regular.

Davjs likes this.
  25. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I have a 2016 Nissan Altima that has a CD player. The setup features touchscreen with Bluetooth capability, two USB port, and an aux port. To tell you the truth, I really don't use the CD player nor do I really buy them. Usually I just charge my phone in the USB Port, and use Apple Music.