Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

For Today - The Farewell Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Went to this tonight. Gideon was pretty good. Wage War felt like a budget ABR but that's not really a bad thing. I felt For Today sounded better than they ever had before, and they played a pretty good set. I'd recommend hitting this up if any of you guys are on the fence.

2. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

RVA was wiiiild. some dude tried to crowdkill hit my in my head once, & i started kicking the shit out of him and my friend started "windmilling" on him. but yeah, other than that, i've never seen a better For Today show. ran into mattie after the show, and he talked to us for at most 35-45 minutes. surprisingly enough, not that many people even came back there to see him, it was 3 of us, 2 girls & another guy.. and everyone else had pretty much left the venue.

also wage war has no current plans to tour the US in the spring. they aren't booked for anything yet.

3. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Random question, what are your thoughts on the Canal Club? I think if they didn't have those awful wooden beams the venue would be great but it's very awkward and dark and everytime I go to a show there I get hurt.

4. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

only been twice including the for today show. I do like it, wish the stage was wider, and if the beams weren't scattered, I'd give it a 8.6/10. Sound is spot on, and the shows run pretty smoothly. Perfect intimate venue in my opinion. The only barricade, is connected to the stage and it's about waist high. I'm seeing TWA there in Dec. you coming up?

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

We aren't the best at keeping secrets, so some of you may already know: We are playing the final For Today tour... Joined by two of our favorite bands, Norma Jean (listen to their new record) and My Epic (band of geniuses).
    Anyone in the music scene will tell you how For Today has always worked hard to give opportunities to other bands while putting everything they have into their shows, so we are honored to play their very last shows in Nov-Dec.
    P.S. It's strange to think that we'll know which reptilian overlord is going to be our president during this tour. Bring some sour patch kids and let's talk about the end of the world.
    P.P.S That was a joke. Maybe.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I love Silent Planet, haha

7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Pretty much only hitting this up for My Epic. I'll stay for the others but For Today is definitely not my thing.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1481350300952.jpg

9. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty pumped to see Silent Planet now that I know songs. Norma Jean is always fun.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Chicago show tonight is sold out.

11. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

was thinking about grabbing a ticket at the door. Welp.

12. coleslawed Dec 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2016)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this show was wild.
    I was there for the three (main) openers-promoter threw a few local bands on the bill, too, that were essentially For Today clones-and loved every minute of the 3 of them.
    So cool to see how much those 3 bands are fans of each other's. Each band had at least 1 song where they had one of the other's vocalists come up and scream a part, Garrett came up for Lower Still with My Epic, Cory did his part from Nervosa, and Garrett came back out to do Aaron Weiss' part from Memphis Will Be Laid to Waste. Never thought I'd get to see that song live. Do they bring it out often? My Epic dudes were side stage for NJ and really into it.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Were Backstreet Boys, R Kelly, and Whitney Houston played before For Today's set at other dates?

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Tonight was my first time seeing For Today outside of Warped Tour. All three bands were great. I didn't get to see My Epic. Definitely glad I got to see them before they broke up.

15. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

They played it both times I saw them. Josh Scogin did it with them a few times during the O God The Aftermath tour. Cory did Aaron's part, though.