Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

For All Mankind (Apple TV+) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Started this last week and it's just spectacular. Eight episodes into season one right now. I accidentally saw a huge spoiler when I tried to look up a character's name on Wikipedia, oops.

imthesheriff, pbueddi and Garrett like this.
  2. “Bent Bird” holy shit, what an episode.

Garrett likes this.
  3. flask

Trusted Supporter

this show always catches me off guard with horrific deaths

4. Just watched the latest ep. Fuuuuuuck

5. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

This show rules so hard

6. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Really invested in this fictional space race. Now I'm thinking that Helios will land the first person on mars, but NASA will discover living extraterrestrial microorganisms and that will completely eclipse the importance of "who got there first?"

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This show is so damn good.

morgantayler likes this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

Finally got around to this week's episode. Holy crap that ending was brutal. I wonder if this all will eventually fall on Margo for presumably giving the Russians their designs or whatnot.

9. Almost done season 2 and it's been great but the Danny Karen stuff is the weakest part of the show

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  10. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

unfortunately that continues onto season 3.

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

It hasn’t been too bad in season 3 though

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

Loved the end of this episode lol

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  13. Finished season 2. I thought it was really good, if a little below the extremely high bar of season 1 (I still can't get over "Bent Bird" - it might be "Crawl Space" or "The Suitcase" level great). I kind of guessed where a lot of the season was going, but the last two episodes were still really impressive.

Also watched the first episode of 3, which I loved. As much as I hated the Danny/Karen stuff in the last season, I'm actually interested to see how it's handled this season. It feels less weird after the big time jump.

And speaking of time jumps, I love the news montages that open each season.

imthesheriff likes this.
  14. Was on my feet for that last sequence of this week's ep. Good stuff.

15. Garrett

The Ed and Danny card playing scene was perfectly acted by Joel. Wow.

imthesheriff and pbueddi like this.
  16. Garrett

This show gets me more emotional with an action sequence than anything has any right to. The last two episodes have ended exquisitely.

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

will not be reading posts in this thread yet but just popping in to say that i've finally been going through this show after liking the first episode back when it released and never going further (for no particular reason, just never got around to it). halfway through the second season and i adore it.

18. Ed has to be pushing 60 in season 3 right? Just started episode 1 and he wants to drag his old ass to Mars lol

19. Also space hotel is a terrible idea lol

20. All caught up. Among the many things I love about this show is the idea that because NASA was allowed to market and profit from its tech advances, the entire personal electronics/computer field is five to ten years ahead of what actually happened in our world. Kelly using an iPod to DJ on Sojourner in 1994 was a really neat detail.

imthesheriff and Halitosis Jones like this.
  21. Halitosis Jones Jul 11, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I love that the design on all the tech though is still period specific. Like tablets and smartphones with that clunky early 90's industrial design. Very clever. Production design in this show is top tier. Love the futuristic space hotel with the tacky 90's interior design.

22. I found out a couple weeks ago that my sister in law actually did a little bit of consulting for the production and costume design on season one, since she was working on a book about the first class of women astronauts (including Jerrie Cobb, who Molly is based on).

23. The younger Stevens looks like a 40 year old. He looks so much older than Danny lol.

GrantCloud and imthesheriff like this.
  24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

he lived a hard life

25. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

I want to beat Danny Stevens up. What a little weirdo!!