Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

next time you come up here there's like six

Chris Yates likes this.
  2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

they both have their pros and cons imo, i don't really have a preference

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Those places are all about the same, really...except Moe's, which should be burned down

AelNire and ChiliTacos like this.
  4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I hate Moe's.

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Freebirds is also no Chipotle.

6. qdoba has always been better than chipotle. that statement used to cause controversy but LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW

it's me, I'm laughing

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I love Baja Fresh as my fast casual Mexican place of choice

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

cafe rio is reallyyyyy good but i think they're mostly in utah?

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

my mom wanted to try a new lamb recipe before passover and i'm eating it for lunch right now. it's so insanely delicious and i have no idea what she did to it.

10. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I had a burrito with the same stuff that I get at Chipotle. The only difference was the sauce, which was a cool option to have. It was good and if I had one nearby I would absolutely go to it. I think going in with the notion that it was better than something else kind of skewed how I felt about it.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I know that NO one cares except me. BUT real Freebirds is the fucking best. Allow me to explain.

Freebirds started in Santa Barbara in Isla Vista, right next to UCSB, where I grew up. It was one store and it's literally the best that exists. It was started by two roommates at UCSB. One roommate wanted to expand the chain, the other didn't. So one of them moved to Texas and started a NEW Freebirds chain, based on the original. The chain of Freebirds SUCKS, it makes me so sad that people know that as regular Freebirds. If you ever, ever, ever, ever go to Santa Barbara you have to try to real one, it's fucking amazing, probably my favorite thing about my city honestly

12. muttley

I'll have to stop there next time I pass through Santa Barbara. Hopefully that happens soon.

Thinking about food in that area makes me think of Pea Soup Andersen's.

13. irthesteve

It's funny, because that's not really part of SB to anyone who lives there! Buellton, Santa Ynez, etc. They're in our county, but not city.

ANYWAY, keep Freebirds in your brain someday. If you want to get the best of the best, order the off-menu Quesanachorito. Quesadilla, opened up, filled with the fixins + crumbled chips, wrapped like a burrito.

14. ChaseTx

Thanks for the info. The one here the few times I've been I just leave wishing I'd gone to Chipotle. Not terrible I guess but the ingredients aren't nearly as fresh and it's always disappointing overall

15. muttley

@irthesteve I can totally see that haha. I look at that general region and think they're close enough to make the connection. For years I thought the only one was off I-5 further north. Had no idea the original was in Buelton.

16. irthesteve

Totally agree. The thing that makes my soul cry the most is that the Texas chain has now moved into California, so there are (fake) Freebirds locations in LA, so I have to literally explain the whole story to everyone so they don't think I have bad taste in burritos, hah

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

I need to find more affordable, healthy lunch options. Most of the time I eat these:

[​IMG]

But it doesn't fill me up, I get hungry an hour later, and you get tired of soup all the time

18. muttley

I was eating these occasionally at work when I had short lunches. Just like the soup, they aren't filling at all. It's a snack at best. didn't take long to get sick of them.
    [​IMG]
    Have one of those with the soup and you might be good to go.

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. irthesteve

Here, I found an older picture I took of the Quesanachorito. Take note of how beautifully cooked the outside of the tortilla is, see that you can kinda see the inside of the tortilla layered in melted cheese, and imagine the crunch of the tortilla chips on the inside. Pure heaven I tell ya

Attached Files:

DeviantRogue, muttley and ChiliTacos like this.
  20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Just finished my lunch and there was barely a second that there wasn't food in mouth. It was just a constant flow of food passi through my lips, getting chewed, then going down my stomach. That's the problem with why I eat so fast.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  21. I eat paninis 5 days a week. They contain Ham, Turkey, LTO, and provolone on wheat breat. Probably not the healthy, but it's comfort food during long work days.

22. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

This is also how I eat

23. Wharf Rat

I decided to put an egg on my everything bagel

24. irthesteve

Love paninis, love sandwiches, sandwich is probably my favorite food.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  25. Wharf Rat

I'm the guest you're supposed to buy me food

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.