Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1320

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuck yeah they are, I like them crispy af tho

bigmike likes this.
  2. marissalg

Trusted

Spiced up some store bought ravioli with corn, jalepenos, and a white wine cream sauce. I wish my peppers were a bit spicier to cut through the richness but other than that pretty happy with this.
    295EB873-BA91-4F6D-8F3F-7232485C5437.jpeg

coleslawed, Joe, gonz (Alex) and 5 others like this.
  3. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Last nights dinner was really good but I got too ~lit~ to post about it hahah

pork cutlets broiled with onions and Gouda on top, with homemade spätzle, and super roasty brussel sprouts tossed in balsamic

28745A8C-FEA7-475C-9F7B-832482801BAD.jpeg

Joe, gonz (Alex), bigmike and 6 others like this.
  4. lati

Last nights chicken parm! I wish it had more tomato sauce but it soaked it all up by the time I served it lol. Also, served with the $1.99 spaghetti, not the 88 cent one because I wanted to be fancy.

B49AE1B8-8486-4600-8CF6-D1417E49A5EB.jpeg

5. lati Jul 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2020)
    lati

I have a giant bunch of basil I’d like to use up in the next couple days. Besides grinding it all up into a pesto, does anyone have any ideas for basil-forward dishes? And it can be any nationality or type of dish, doesn’t just have to be Italian

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Caprese salad and pizza were definitely my first thoughts i think I've also had it with chicken

7. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Chiffonade it and then divide it up into little plastic baggies and sell it to middle schoolers.

8. lati Jul 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2020)
    lati

Haha I just did a caprese salad last night but now I’m out of fresh mozz. Yumm margarita pizza tho.....now that’s a thought.

lmfaoooo actually ok yeah I’m gonna do this instead

bigmike and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  9. marissalg

Trusted

you should freeze at least some of it! we’re doing the olive oil with all our fresh herbs. will be great for adding to pastas. Learn How to Freeze Basil and Give Your Food Summer Flavor All Year Round

alina likes this.
  10. lati

Currently having an existential crisis because the tomato sauce I just threw together in 10 minutes tastes better than any other tomato sauce I have labored over in the past

11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

bbq pork buns slap

12. lati

Just found this photo from when I worked at a pizza shop lmfao

46F797F3-2C81-4481-A9F6-7E61EFC8AEA1.jpeg

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

bigmike and alina like this.
  14. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Careful with the Little Caesar's slander.

15. CobraKidJon

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg a few months ago I ordered from this local restaurant that was SO good. Like have been daydreaming about it since. Ordered from them again today and it's not that good this time. Wtf??? How??

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. CobraKidJon

this happened to me with a local Chinese spot and like I was so sad because I was like maybe it was just that day but nope tried it again and it was bad and I went :(

Kiana likes this.
  18. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

in terms of good restaurants being consistent if u think about it there are just so many variables. if i get some food from somewhere thats basically always great and its a little underwhelming a time or 2 ill just assume the cook had a headache or something and was half assing that day ha. even the best spots will have a fluke once in a while. when places i like change ownership is when i get more concerned

19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My mom, who has been a restaurateur and hotelier as well as a chef for most of her life, always says she believes McDonald's should get a Michelin star because of their consistency lol She says it is the hardest and most important thing.

20. lati

The only thing holding me back in my cooking and baking is not having a stand mixer. Ugh. They just cost soo much.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Brewers have the same opinions about Budweiser. No one likes them as a company but they are the gold standard when it comes to quality in terms of the beer being consistent, always tasting the same and having the same relative freshness no matter where you go.

22. lati

I was gonna make pizza dough but I don’t want to knead for 10 minutes so I made a no-knead Dutch oven bread recipe, inspired by @Shakriel. I didn’t time it well so the second rise is at 5am tomorrow lmao

bigmike and The Lucky Moose like this.
  23. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Haha, yeah timing can be a pain sometimes! I'm excited to see how it turns out.

alina likes this.
  24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

made chicken marsala tonight and it was ppretttty goood.

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

one of my favorite things to make

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.