Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1295

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

2. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Yeah, I'm still too nervous to order takeout. I have an autoimmune disease so I think I'm being a little overboard. I wash and spray bleach on all of my groceries. I'm not sure if that's just neuroticism but it makes me feel moderately safer.

Ken likes this.
  3. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

All the breweries in my town keep having promotions and I always want to help out but now I've ordered more beer than any one person could possibly drink and I have no place to put it anymore.

EASheartsVinyl and Ken like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I will take it

5. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

haha same! I didn’t think it was possible to have too much beer

Justice Beaver and Ken like this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Thanks for sharing this! So much of it rings completely true, and it also explained the situation with Alison Roman super well to someone who was totally unaware of who she was outside of recent headlines. I see so many similarities in the food world to issues we talk about much more frequently regarding music or film/TV, and I hope this can open up more of those discussions.

angrycandy, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Trying the baked fries technique tonight, send crispy thoughts.

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

They worked!! This week has been perfect for satisfying cravings for different restaurant meals.

angrycandy, Ken, bigmike and 3 others like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Who's cooking up a storm this weekend?

I'm making another Ludo Lefebvre recipe tomorrow and I'm really excited. It's caramelized black sea bass with lemongrass-infused consommé, clams, and basil.

I've never made a consommé before, so I'm excited to push my cooking to another level. :muscle:

bigmike, alina, angrycandy and 4 others like this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i will be, though i’m not sure what i’m making yet. gonna pick something from a cookbook

waking season and Ken like this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m going to make a quinoa salad and then some sort of tofu with ponzu I think

alina, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

y'all I had Taco Bell today

14. lati

@Ken i just got some beautiful pork loin medallions from my parents and I’m gonna cook em in a bit. You seem like a pork lover and connoisseur so I figured I’d ask for advice haha they are only about 2” wide and thick, so very small - do you have any recommendations on how to cook them well? I’m probably going to use my cast iron, and they are preseasoned.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Jealous.

I don’t know what I’m making yet. Been sort of sluggish this week so I’ve tried to space out my cooking a bit more. Have quite a few good meals at the ready but no set plan for dates.

16. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Never mind lol. My local grocery store doesn't carry lemongrass so I'm pivoting.

How are they preseasoned? Just a salt solution or something?

EASheartsVinyl and angrycandy like this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve seen a lot of pork sold where it has a full marinade already on it.

And yeah lemongrass is annoying to find here too. Luckily I should be able to get some to grow this season, because I have gone without way too many times.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  19. lati

Salt and pepper, and it looks like some dried rosemary or thyme around the sides

Ken likes this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I would sear them in your cast iron pan on all sides with a neutral flavored oil. You could also butter-baste them at the end. If they aren't quite cooked through in the middle, you could pop them in an oven for a few minutes to finish cooking. If you're looking for a recipe suggestion, I can give those too haha.

21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Fuck. I am so frustrated haha. I picked out multiple recipes that I wanted to make and I kept searching for the ingredients at my local store and there was always a vital ingredient or two that my store didn't carry. I have no idea what I'm making tomorrow, now. I still have some pasta dough in the freezer that needs to be used, maybe I'll make something with that.

22. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

The problem is that there's not enough room in my refrigerator. Additionally, I'm now tempted to just always be drinking.

Ken likes this.
  23. lati

Mostly I’m just curious about the ideal cook time for something so small?

I love butter basting suggestion

Ken likes this.
  24. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Where're ya'll getting all these dope ingredients from?

I can't get toilet paper or decent meat. Ground beef and chicken breast for days in this household.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  25. lati

My stepdad bought about 6lbs of cut up tenderloins at Costco and when I picked them up, the look of the quality on them was unreal. Costco, who knew.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.