Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1273

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. marissalg

Trusted

but look at those charred cups!!!!

2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Pizza looks great!

3. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Love the grease cups

alina, marissalg and coleslawed like this.
  4. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Anyone have like a **really good** recipe for blackened chicken Alfredo?

Please note that I do not have blackening seasonings because New England sucks with that

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  5. lati

Double post - idgaf

Im watching Chef’s table and I’m only on the second episode. But hang the fuck on.

parmesan risotto is an invention of the 2012 Italy earthquakes????? What????????!!!! I thought this was an eternal universal dish! Wow.

SEANoftheDEAD and phaynes12 like this.
  6. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

My sister used to make parmesan risotto, from a recipe she got from some Nintendo DS game, way before 2012. It was delicious too.

bigmike and Ken like this.
  7. lati

Someone else said the same thing and I had to search further. I guess it’s actually the addition of actually cooking it in a parmesan broth, not chicken! Very interesting to learn.

Ken likes this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

The Original Fettuccine Alfredo

hands down, the best Alfredo recipe there is. You can tone down the ingredients and use more pasta water to supplement less butter & parm, but I'll take this recipe to the grave. You really only need a few ingredients to make it: pasta (& the cooking water), parm, butter, and S&P.

Alfredo is a passion of mine, haha. A sauce that has cream or milk added to it is not a real Alfredo imo.

When I want to blacken chicken, I'll use the McCormick cajun seasoning, which is close, but not exactly the same. As long as you have paprika, cayenne, cumin, and some onion & garlic powder, you should be able to get pretty far with making your own blend.

9. lati

Awesome thank you so much!! One of my blind spots is bechamel and cheese sauce. I would love to get better with that.

Ken likes this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Well, this is the best Alfredo I have ever tasted by a good margin, so this would be a good start! Those sauces are easy once you make a few of them. This recipe is really easy too!

11. lati

I just looked and I’m like shocked at how simple it is haha

Ken likes this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Also, this is the Saveur article on the history of Alfredo sauce, which I found to be an enjoyable read:
    The Real Alfredo

sean_rugy and alina like this.
  13. lati

Awesomeee. I always get a request from Matt to make chicken Alfredo and I always get sad because that’s one of the things I don’t know how to make well. Next time I’ll surprise him :)

RyanPm40, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm really excited for you to make it, haha.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and alina like this.
  15. lati

Haha gosh I feel like the pressure is on!

RyanPm40, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

No pressure!

RyanPm40, iCarly Rae Jepsen and alina like this.
  17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm making chicken and broccoli Alfredo tonight too :) so excited. My mom's recipe is probably my favorite I've ever had, so I made her write down the recipe. I usually substitute with Bertolli Garlic Alfredo sauce though.

I think baking it makes it a lot better and less runny

20200407_164208.jpg

SEANoftheDEAD, bigmike and Ken like this.
  18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The fried chicken episode of ugly delicious is my favorite episode of a food/travel/culture show, ever.

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

It's up there for me. That whole first season is so good. I especially love the pizza & taco episodes.

My all-time favorite episodes of those types of shows are all probably from No Reservations & Parts Unknown.

I miss Bourdain. Almost every day I think about him and the impact he's had on me.

20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Same. Bourdain and Robin Williams are the two celebrity deaths that impacted me the most, almost equally.

imthesheriff and Ken like this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I need to rewatch both of those shows. One of my more recent favorite episodes of Parts Unknown was definitely the Charleston/South Carolina episode.

BlueEyesBrewing and bigmike like this.
  22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

how do you make spatzle?

ironically we were gonna do some red cabbage and brats tonight

Ken likes this.
  23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Is that the episode he’s like fishing with Sean Brock and they go to Waffle House at like 3 am?

Weird LiBrary and Ken like this.
  24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yes!!!

Weird LiBrary and bigmike like this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

bigmike likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.