Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1264

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I had steak nachos for lunch... considering steak tacos for dinner lol

2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

riotspray, alina, Ken and 1 other person like this.
  3. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Oh fuck! I love those !! @Matt

I airfry them for about 10 min at 400F

Ken, bigmike, riotspray and 3 others like this.
  4. lati

Every time I deglaze a pan: holy shit it actually works!

5. lati

E88443C5-B089-4C6D-AB50-11009969E404.jpeg

Lemon garlic and broth braised chicken breast for din din tonight. :blush: With fried brussel sprouts and a weird pasta I found at the Russian store. I love the shape!

23EADB8D-6F3F-4CB7-B68A-FCC94E781CA8.jpeg

6. lati

It’s like a stegosaurus

quarantine has me drinking too much beer and wine

7. lati

Unless you’re a tomato fiend like me then it’s 2-3 servings

Ken and bigmike like this.
  8. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

20200324_202224.jpg
    Slow cooker pot roast with mashed potatoes and peas.

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Alexia makes my favorite frozen potato products.
    Looks amazing!
    The more I think about it, the more I think 6 servings is a stretch @Jason Tate
    I’d say 3-4. I usually have leftovers when cooking for 2, but only a serving or two.
    :fire:

Dirty Sanchez, alina, bigmike and 2 others like this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I just had the Alexia sweet potato fries the other day!

I stocked up on a bunch of stuff from the grocery store that doesn't expire forever to make cheap meals in a pinch in the future. I've been enjoying some of this stuff more than I expected haha. I made tuna melts with some cheap white bread, kraft singles, and a packet of sweet and spicy tuna mixed with kewpie mayo. It was delicious and I could have eaten like four of them lol.

Dirty Sanchez, bigmike and Ken like this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I love tuna melts. So good.

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

truly

Ken likes this.
  13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

taco Tuesday from home was fucking fantastic. we are taking a page from Ken’s playbook and making nachos with leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

14. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

also ate enough elotes to make myself miserable

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

what came first the elotes or the misery

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

love outsiders pizza.

i made banana bread this week and also followed along with Florence Pugh making a leftover veggie ratatouille.

i need to go to the grocery store.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Usually, I absolutely never cook other than frozen meals like popcorn chicken, fries, pizza, and taquitos, or pasta and hot dogs. Otherwise survive on lunch meat sandwiches for lunch.

But, with the current quarantine, I'm finally prepping some good, real meals that I'm proud to admit. Thank God for Crock Pots. Made a beef stew the other week, had one serving of it the night we made it, then froze the rest in tupperware so we can fall back on that if we get too sick to want to cook, and then we can just thaw that stuff out and be good to go.

Prepped a slowcooker turkey chili recipe tonight and I'm pretty excited to turn it on in the morning.

Also made ground turkey tacos and shredded steak and cheese subs.

Feels good to prep something other than just shoving a pizza in the oven lol.

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@RyanPm40 thats awesome, you'll have to send a pic of that chili when its done! I got hooked on making crock pot meals during football season and days that I work from home. Nothing like walking through the front door and getting smacked with the aroma of a killer chili or stew.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Hello everyone.

I've gotten really into trying all the stuff from the Asian aisles of my local supermarkets here in the UK. We're no strange to Chinese or Indian food, in fact they're among our favourites, but Japanese and Korean cuisine is starting to become popular here.

I've tried a lot of stuff, and discovered for instance how great Kimchi is, but I spur of the moment bought some Gochujang paste and then realised I have no idea what to do with it.

Does anyone know any cool recipes or sauces or anything I can do with it? (I'm veggie, if that has an impact)

Ken and bigmike like this.
  20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I don't have any recipes specifically as I don't know how to cook much Korean food, but I do know it's a pantry staple that is used a lot. I've seen it used in kimchi, bi bim bap, and other marinades/sauces. If you look around online you'll probably find plenty of recipes, and I know in the Netflix show The Chef Show they make a few recipes using it

SamLevi11 likes this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I use it in anything that I would’ve normally used sriracha. My girlfriend and I make a lot of various stir fry with a sauce of some sort using gochujang but we just kind of wing it. I’ve made some variation of these before and they were great. Gochujang Stir-Fried Brussels Sprouts | Minimalist Baker Recipes

SamLevi11, SEANoftheDEAD and Ken like this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Thanks, I definitely will! Already smells great. I wish I could get a good photo of it while it's cooking but that lid is cloudy as hell right now heh

It's a super easy recipe too, very quick to prep but delicious

20200325_161003.jpg

Ken likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The bread came out great!

0A34BE9B-3E4A-46F4-8551-DEB9AE52498B.jpeg

24. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

bigmike, Ken and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope! I want to make some sourdough eventually, but this is a simple peasant bread that my aunt makes a lot. I’ve never made it before and I’m super pleased with how it turned out.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.