Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1241

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm thinking of trying to hit one of these places for dinner & drinks tonight:
    Papa Grande's, Crust & Craft, Big Oyster, Dewey Beach Beer Co, Lupo, and Salt Air

We're going to try Egg or Full Belly for brunch on Saturday

The other day we will hit Full Belly, Rosenfield's, Papa Grande's, Crust & Craft, Big Oyster, or Dewey Beach Beer Co for lunch.

We obviously won't repeat any of the restaurants, so I'm curious to hear your thoughts. I know you recommended a bunch of these places (which is why they are on my list). How would you do it?

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

We're going to try Egg or Full Belly for brunch on Saturday

I think Papa Grande's closed, but if you're craving Mexican, there's an incredible spot in Lewes, not far from Rehoboth, called Agave. Def recommend the hot mexican rockets as a starter if you go!

Are you going to be in town before 7 tonight? If so I'd hit Big Oyster for happy hour. Beers are like $4 and you can snag some oysters/mussels/shrimp on special.

After some beers, if you're in the mood for Mexican, hit up Agave. Its about 5-10 mins from Big Oyster. I hear great things about Crust & Craft though. Salt Air is fantastic, but a bit more upscale. Really can't go wrong with any of those options.

I went to Egg once for brunch, had a super long wait. I ended up getting the lobster benedict and it was good, but I felt like it wasn't really worth the wait. That was also years ago so it could've changed.

Side note: Dewey Beach Co is making some of the best beers in Delaware at the moment. Their food menu is good but if you can find an hour to stop by and grab a flight, its worth it.

Ken likes this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

We're getting into town around 7:30 if traffic is good. Most of these places close around 9, so I think we need to head straight for a restaurant. The other alternative is that we get Wawa for dinner, haha. Do you like the food at Big Oyster? Better than Dewey?

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha with those options, it'd be a sin to eat dinner from Wawa. Im a big fan of both Big Oyster and Dewey, but Id give the nod to Dewey. Their beer is getting some hype and the food menu is still good. Hope you enjoy whichever you choose, you really can't go wrong either way. Be sure to report back tomorrow!

Ken likes this.
  5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I have no idea how I am going to decide for tonight lol. Wawa is our backup option in case we get into town around 8:30 or 9 instead of 7:30.

6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

@SEANoftheDEAD Have you been to Papa Grande's? It is open. Still prefer Agave better?

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha these damn winter hours suuuuuck! I know you've been to Dogfish before but they close around 11-12. So that's always an option too if you get in late.

Ken likes this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Never been to Grande's. But I do love Agave.

Ken likes this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@Ken just looked up Papa Grande's and it looks great! Ill add that to my list of places I need to go.

Ken likes this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

They are brutal. We already know we're doing Henlopen City Oyster House (one of my favorite places on earth) for dinner the one night and the hotel restaurant/bar the other night. We've been to Dogfish Head the last several years and always found the food to be just okay. We're trying something different this year, so we're skipping Dogfish Head unless we want to go drinking.

Okay, thanks!

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I feel the same way about Dogfish. I even prefer Big Oyster/Dewey beers over their beers. I still need to try the Oyster House. Have fun man!

Ken likes this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

If you don't go to the oyster house for happy hour the next time you're there... i don't know but i will be disappointed.

13. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Well I had a bunch of Cajun spiced chicken breast left over from the salad yesterday so ...... Cajun Alfredo it is ?? Hehe @phaynes12 thanks for the idea

C2348EEF-FB06-4E20-8464-B295B8E49427.jpeg

gonz (Alex), K0ta, Ken and 3 others like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hell yeah! looks great

15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

We tried our hand at vegan lasagna tonight and was pleasantly surprised, given it was our first run at it.

16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

@SEANoftheDEAD we went to Crust & Craft and it was just okay. Mozzarella sticks might have been the best i’ve ever had but the pizza was completely forgettable. I wouldn’t go out of my way to try it.

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ahh man thats a bummer!

Ken likes this.
  18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

On my way to Full Belly now lol i’m going to gain 10 pounds this weekend

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha nothing wrong with a little added winter weight! Enjoy man!

You heading to the Oyster House tonight?

Ken likes this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Tomorrow, eating at the hotel tonight.

21. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I will be doing a East Carolina style pork butt this weekend. First smoke of the year!

Anthony Brooks and Ken like this.
  22. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Anyone staying in, making food for Valentine’s Day?

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

The Dewey Beer Co. was fucking unreal @SEANoftheDEAD some of the best beer I have had in a long time. Everything we ordered was so good. Bought some to take home.

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

A242B57F-8367-4FDC-B3E7-119544298752.jpeg

lemme see those menus
    (lol the heart on this reminds me of the music mends broken hearts logo)

alina, bigmike and Ken like this.
  25. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

52503395-77D6-41FD-89A7-1AD5BCA05124.jpeg
    this ribeye turned out perfect. happy v day everyone

K0ta, Texas Flood, phaynes12 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.