Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1235

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

coleslawed, K0ta and Ken like this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

K0ta and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Flat scale preferably, with an option to tare the weight. Just looking to measure out food portions and such for lunches so I eat more evenly throughout the week.

Ken likes this.
  4. K0ta

Ken and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I typically just use my w**d scale but that doesn't hold much weight and has a very tiny surface. I've always wanted that one, but now that I think about it, I don't have the counter space for it either haha.

6. K0ta

That's a good use for the scale that I didn't even consider xD

Mr. Serotonin and Ken like this.
  7. :chin:

edit: goddamn brands on twitter lol

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

If any of them would hire me as their marketing consultant I’d make them stop immediately. That whole shtick was okay for about 4 hours. Maybe.

9. The Lucky Moose

It doesn’t even matter to me what kind of company it is, even if it is like a record label or a music magazine, just fucking stop it

10. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I’m so mad right now. I made perfect key lime pie mini bites - 20 of them - but my anxiety after 6 minutes of bake time was like, “what if they’re not set in the middle? I’m gonna leave them in another minute.” .....and then I forgot them. And the egg yolk curdled. And now they’re in the trash and I have no dessert.

I hate baking. Mostly because I’m bad at it hahaha

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

holy hell, for what it's worth...they sounded delicious.

Ken, iCarly Rae Jepsen and alina like this.
  12. lati

I’m going to try again tomorrow! I have all the ingredients still except I zested all my limes. This time I’ll leave them in for 7 minutes to make myself feel better. Also I forgot the salt in the crust in these. Won’t next time haha.

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

thought that said "zooted all my lines" and i was like, what the fuck thread is this :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

as good as i am cooking / grilling, i'm entirely lost baking

Ken, BlueEyesBrewing and alina like this.
  15. lati

I have failed the last 4/4 things I have attempted to bake. I had a good streak going before that though haha

Ken, BlueEyesBrewing and phaynes12 like this.
  16. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I've been trying to get into baking more the last couple years or so. It is very daunting though since I can't just kinda wing it like i can sometimes in cooking.

I have found Stella Parks to be a great resource for baking recipes. She does a really good job of explaining why she uses every ingredient, and signs to look for instead of just relying on time when cooking since everyone's equipment and ovens/stoves are different

Ken likes this.
  17. marissalg

Trusted

I wish more recipes for baking had ingredient amounts in grams.

18. The Lucky Moose

A lot of basic ovens now, especially those that are also microwaves etc., are bad, that’s part of it

Ken and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  19. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yes! And they really should do all their dry ingredients by weight, as their is such a big difference depending how you measure your "cups" (another reason I really like Stella's recipes, she's the one that taught me this!)

Not to mention that most people (myself included) don't calibrate their ovens so who knows what the temperature actually is.

20. marissalg

Trusted

I would also love recipes to have final internal bake temps instead of what the oven should be at. Again, much more accurate.

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Ive been using ground turkey for literally everything Id normally use ground beef for and Im not really missing it

Ken likes this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

buy an oven thermometer! very cheap and super helpful!

i do this too typically. only exception for me really is a cheeseburger.

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

a good burger is irreplaceable

I have done animal style turkey burgs tho and been extremely happy with them

SEANoftheDEAD and Ken like this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fuck recipes!

coleslawed, sean_rugy, alina and 2 others like this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

That sounds good. I've made some turkey burgers filled with cheddar and poblano peppers and those turned out great.

Your Milkshake likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.