Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1217

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

coleslawed and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

K0ta likes this.
  3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Thank you I'll check this out!

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

find it fascinating how many people were BA test kitchen people for Halloween. I would be both flattered and a tad creeped out by it honestly.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I tried my hand at a miso soup using sesame seaweed snacks for a make-shift dashi, miso paste, homemade broth, frozen spinach, green onions, and tofu. And may I say ....... yum. Especially with some fish and soy sauces to taste

D4A361B1-8258-471E-AEA5-DDECBA105584.jpeg

6. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

:(

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Saw this and was instantly depressed. Some of the most wholesome content on youtube.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  8. LightWithoutHeat

I got choked up watching the video. Sometimes the internet can be a good place.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

The guy who has been doing the videos in his place has been good, I'm glad the channel will hopefully live on.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

@angrycandy

coleslawed and angrycandy like this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

D2A9BC10-06A3-4A2C-84A5-B929AA1290F1.jpeg

Made extra spicy chana masala tonight, not my prettiest plating but it’s delicious. I love Indian food on dreary nights.

coleslawed, Ken, Joe and 1 other person like this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Frying a whole ass turkey like I see Americans do on the internet scares the shit out of me lol

coleslawed, sean_rugy, Ken and 4 others like this.
  13. marissalg

Trusted

My dad has been deep frying a turkey for thanksgiving for the last decade and its always perfect. Much quicker than cooking a turkey in the oven and the skin is just so crispy.

coleslawed and Texas Flood like this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

We don't really eat turkey over here. It's mostly just old people and people with certain health issues that eat like turkey "steaks" and like ham-substitutes made out of turkey. Though I don't doubt a deep-fried turkey is tasty.

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It's kind of the same here too, haha. Unless it's a sandwich.

StuffinCups and The Lucky Moose like this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I’ve had so much good food in Arizona, it’s an amazing place to dine. Mexican food is unbelievable here and the pizza is just as good.

StuffinCups likes this.
  17. marissalg

Trusted

Aldi’s was selling these awesome salmon bites and they were a limited run, so I tried to make them today. I think I got pretty close! It was actually super easy and they’re delicious.

Attached Files:

Ken, ChiliTacos and waking season like this.
  18. LightWithoutHeat

What city are you in?

Ken likes this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin and StuffinCups like this.
  20. LightWithoutHeat

Have you had any specialities worth mentioning? A friend of mine lives in Tucson and swears by Sonoran hotdogs.

Ken likes this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I've heard of those but I've never had one! I almost tried one this past week. I've had better mole (especially mole negro) in Arizona than I've had in Texas, California, or anywhere else. I'd also recommend Pizzeria Bianco and Lamp Pizzeria. Bianco has better pizza than I've had anywhere else in the US. Lamp is really something special too. I've also had better huevos rancheros in AZ than in other states. Chimichangas were invented in AZ. Pozole and tamales are fantastic there too. Prickly pear anything. There's nearly an endless amount of amazing places to dine in Phoenix and Scottsdale. My favorite restaurant is also there: Tarbell's

22. LightWithoutHeat

Thanks! I'm sure I'll find my way down there again soon and I'll try to cover as much of this as possible.

Ken likes this.
  23. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Made a raspberry crumble cheesecake bar the other day that I loooved. I couldn’t find a recipe I wanted to use so I ended up combining like three.

It was with the base being crushed graham crackers, oats, sugar and butter (blind baked) then a thin layer of classic vanilla bean paste cheesecake, then a fruit layer (fresh raspberries and a bit of frozen blueberries for more volume cooked up with sugar, lemon, and corn starch) and a quick crumble with oats, flour, more sugar and cold butter with a food processor.

lots of components but it only took like 30 minutes to put together. and suuuuuch a tasty result.

24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This sounds amazing

StuffinCups likes this.
  25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

79582859-9CA3-4B59-9890-B461E883FBB7.jpeg

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.