Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1215

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. marissalg

Trusted

had some bananas I had to use up today. didn’t have any walnuts so I chopped up some almonds and they add a nice crunch.

Attached Files:

2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

This is late but what is it you do?

Ken likes this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

4. The Lucky Moose

Oh okay lol from that context I thought it must be hospitality/food related

Ken likes this.
  5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I've cooked in a few restaurants before, but not currently. This butcher shop is going places and I'm trying to hook myself to that, even though I'm not actually working there lol.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I’m thinking of opening a restaurant because I grew up in hospitality, but the property prices and financing are so fucked here that I kinda think it’s a lost cause for now

7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

It's such a scary idea. I wish you the best of luck if you try it!

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

My restaurant would fail from the get-go

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I worked in restaurants for 15 years and always had thoughts of opening one. Lots of (what I think are great) ideas, but there's are so many things that can make/break a restaurant that it seems super risky.

10. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I think(depending on what food you make) it almost makes sense to start a food truck business first. That way,youre not completely over your head in a financial situation as you would be with a restaurant.

I could also be completely wrong too.

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

You're right about that. If I fail in my current line of work, I'm 100% opening a food truck as a stepping stone to opening a brick and mortar restaurant.

coleslawed and The Lucky Moose like this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

Sadly Europe is very much behind in that regard. There would be no spaces to legally park essentially. They’re only an event thing here. Governments should fix that but they don’t.

I’m not really that concerned about a restaurant failing because of what I do, because of my background, but it’s just that the conditions (property prices, financing) here are so disastrous that private restaurants and retail are set up to fail. Hell even chains are closing because the rents are too high. You have to find the needle in the haystack really.

Mr. Serotonin, Texas Flood and Ken like this.
  13. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Oh man that sucks for sure. Good luck in your adventure,hopefully everything works out for you.

What type of restaurant do you want to do?

14. The Lucky Moose

Thanks. What I really want to do is something with a focus on dishes and products from the Alpine countries/regions. In practice I would probably be a little less rigid.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The standards in my town are so low if I had the knowledge I'd totally start a restaurant. I could just serve drinks out of Mason jars and serve food on quirky things that aren't plates and have food that's better than like Kraft macaroni and I'd be a zillionaire.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like it being inherently not vegan kinda ruins the point

Ken likes this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

I don’t think so, there’s a lot more vegetarians than vegans and a shitload more “flexitarians” than vegetarians, so if this makes them more likely to pick a non-meat option (or your restaurant because of it) then it does make sense

18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

haha flexitarians, I like that

@dylan

coleslawed likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

it's a dumb word but it's the word people use lol

Ken likes this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I never heard it until today!

21. The Lucky Moose

Maybe it’s a European thing lol

Ken likes this.
  22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it’s great for people like me who respect the vegan lifestyle but can’t commit to saying goodbye to cheese.

23. The Lucky Moose Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I think that, for now, adding dairy and/or eggs makes meat-free dishes (and some meat replacement products) more accessible for many people that usually eat meat. Baby steps.

24. The Lucky Moose Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I do agree that it is at the same time frustrating for vegans. The best thing to do as a restaurant is to make your dishes flexible enough that they can be both (or all three really).

coleslawed likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah I've done it too, and I'm glad other people are working on eating less meat

I'm not vegan or anything but baby steps, ideally perfect world I'd only eat meat at most every other day but not sure that'll happen

coleslawed, The Lucky Moose and Ken like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.