Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1209

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the biggest facts

SuperCoolFool and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. marissalg

Trusted

It’s chilly and rainy and I made chicken and dumpling soup in my instant pot. So so easy and comforting.

Matt, Ken and K0ta like this.
  3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

That sounds perfect. I am so ready for sweater weather and soup. Did you use a specific recipe?

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  4. marissalg

Trusted

The soup and dumplings were based off this: Chicken and Dumplings | Half Baked Harvest

The cooking method was based off this: Instant Pot™ Chicken and Dumplings

I used 2 chicken breasts instead of rotisserie chicken and just cooked them on manual in the broth for 7 minutes after sautéing the veggies. Then I shredded the chicken and set the pot to sauté so i could boil the broth for the dumplings. I also added kale after I took out my dumplings just to add some more veggies.

Ken and K0ta like this.
  5. K0ta

Wow that looks delicious, thank you!

marissalg and Ken like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

that doesn’t sound like a real word

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

that sandwich looks so bad haha

StuffinCups likes this.
  8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@Ken aren't you a fan of Monk's in Philly?

Ken likes this.
  9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yes! One of my favorite spots in the city!

StuffinCups likes this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going in two weeks when I go to Philly for the weekend! My friend recommended it and immediately I was like "I think Ken has talked about this place!". What should I get?

Ken likes this.
  11. Ken Oct 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2019)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Lots of beer on draft! I'm looking at the draft list right now, I really want to leave work and go there haha. I don't know if you've had Tired Hands, Allagash, or Russian River beer before... but I highly recommend all three breweries. Or you could order one of the many rare bottles they have available. An incredible selection of beer from Belgium is available too. I love Belgian beer.

To eat, get the mussels (I like the Ghent and Monk's flavors the best). I would suggest splitting mussels if someone else wants to. Also, get a burger (Brussels and Monk's are my favorite flavors, but the menu changes from time to time, so get what you like!). Both the burgers and mussels come with fries. That doesn't matter. Get both. Eat fries twice. They're amazing. Get extra dipping sauce for the fries. The duck salad and the duck confit are both great, but get the mussels and the burger. And lots of beer. Can you tell that I love Monk's? Haha.

Also, get there early. It'll get packed fast. Come hungry.

It's probably the best place to drink beer and eat fries I've ever been.

StuffinCups, ChiliTacos and jorbjorb like this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my god I'm hype. We're both dying to try the mussels so those will 100% be happening. I will report back in two weeks.

Ken likes this.
  13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

StuffinCups and ChiliTacos like this.
  14. CobraKidJon

I really can’t believe I had a dream about the Popeyes chicken sandwich being back. It seemed so real.

15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm slowly becoming friends with the head butcher of the best butcher shop in our area, and now I'm having him and his gf over for dinner soon. I have to come up with something fantastic to make using his products. Maybe he'll want to work with me professionally in the future or maybe the food will be bad and I'll become a hermit.

16. K0ta

17. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I had a Georgian cheeseboat for the first time the other week. it was absolutely delicious but I needed to be put in a wheelbarrow and rolled home after, it was heavy.

coleslawed, Ken and K0ta like this.
  18. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

what'ya going to make for them?

Ken likes this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Clam chowder and something else... I have no idea though. I need to start brain storming. He said he loved the clam chowder I made when he saw it on instagram, so I want to make that for him as we had a whole conversation about it. For the meal, I'm not sure. It needs to blow his mind. I want to make him think at the end of the meal, "how can I sell this guy's food at my shop?"

Steak or pork chops will probably be the protein. Reverse seared to get the perfect temp and then some sort of crazy sides and a sauce (or two). Ideally, this will be the best his products have ever tasted. Lots of pressure and a high bar has been set, but why not reach as high as I can with this opportunity.

20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Nice! You should try to utilize one of his lesser known or hard to sell cuts of meat to really showcase your cooking chops (get it?!)

coleslawed, K0ta and Ken like this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

That's a great idea.
    [​IMG]

22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I essentially live off of Alex Delaney’s rent week recipes. this was so tasty and will absolutely get added into the rotation now, I was just missing the sesame seeds.

23. K0ta

My grandma is adorable and got me a very very early bday present - a food processor! There are seriously so many things I can't do because I lack the kitchen tools so this is going to allow me to do so much, I'm stoked. If anybody wants to give me some ideas on what I can do with it please share. I was just watching a Bon Appétit Test Kitchen recipe last week that I wanted to do but I needed to be able to make a sofrito which I wasn't sure how I would pull off. This happens a lot where I feel shut out of recipes because I don't have the tools, so I am pretty happy about this. Now let's hope I get some good knives and a kitchen aid soon :crylaugh:

24. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Beef Wellington! That might be a bit extreme though I guess

If you're looking for a knife I have this company, Misen, and they're doing a kickstarter right now for their updated design. It's $45 for the chef's knife, but they have a utility, pairing, and serrated knife as well. I'm very happy with the quality and I've seen nothing but good reviews about them.

Misen 2.0 - Essential Kitchen Tools Reimagined

K0ta and Ken like this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

if you want to make a recipe and you feel as if you're shut out because you don't have a tool, post about it here! we might be able to brainstorm a workaround.

StuffinCups, coleslawed and K0ta like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.