Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1202

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. The Lucky Moose Aug 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Something I’ve been wondering: in the US, do you guys have “Italian restaurants” and “Italian-American restaurants” like we over here have “Chinese restaurants” and “Dutch-Chinese restaurants” or do they basically all cook Italian-American? Because I grew up with Italian-Italian food, but I have always been fascinated with Italian-American food, haha.

BlueEyesBrewing and Ken like this.
  2. orminflyste

I'm making flank steak sandwiches for tonight. Some marinara sauce, mozzarella, all in a hoagie. I can't wait.

Anthony Brooks and Ken like this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Most are Italian-American although there are some exceptions

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

We don't rly have Italian food in general. I'd def say american-italian because there's like an Olive garden an hour away. We have a lot of Mexican food places and like Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese places but every time they've tried putting in an Italian restaurant it fails and closes

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Tried an impossible burger for the first time and it was v delicious!!

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

In the Netherlands, McDonald’s started selling vegetarian versions of their chicken burgers with fake chicken by a local company and they’re amazing

7. we def have traditional Italian (and Chinese) places but it may be more of a situation where you kinda have to seek them out or go to a city of a certain size

americanized italian (and chinese) places are more ubiquitous

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Today was a baking kind of morning
    B909F996-99FE-43C3-A149-2ECFE994C103.jpeg

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm not about that keto life but I'm trying to incorporate more low carb meals into my diet. Which involves a lot of cheese. Which... I also try to eat vegan when possible oop. So. But since I'm not doing either diet fully it's cool. The best part is it makes cooking ~interesting so I'm more apt to do it so that's my goal for next week

10. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I spent pretty much all day today cooking, which is something I haven't been able to do in a really long time, and it was really nice. Along with the three things I baked up above, I then made pesto and kale and ricotta cheese ravioli for dinner.

Mr. Serotonin and Ken like this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

So I sort of made this finally:
    6A804B53-082F-4B3B-9A71-42196B63C1BA.jpeg
    No stuffing, but a peach & dijon vinaigrette, arugula salad with bacon, goat cheese, toasted almonds, with roasted potatoes, peaches, and more goat cheese.

12. and??

Ken likes this.
  13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

It’s definitely the best pork chop I’ve ever made, I think. I forgot I had some of my aunt’s homemade peach jam in the fridge and that with the fresh peaches really set the vinaigrette off. I reverse seared the pork chops and they were super juicy.

StuffinCups and gonz (Alex) like this.
  14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

chick fil a scared

good

coleslawed, ChiliTacos and Ken like this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Lol I just came here to post that. Can't wait to try it.

16. CobraKidJon

I went to Popeyes the other day to get it again and the soda machine was down and the mashed potatoes were eh but god damn that chicken sandwich was so amazing. I love it.

coleslawed, Ken and ChiliTacos like this.
  17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

The real question for the popeyes sandwich that no one is asking: is it better than the shake shack chicken sandwich?

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I approve of this line of thinking. When I first tried it I was so mad at myself that it took me so long to give it a shot.

Ken likes this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Both the regular and the spicy are the best fast food chicken sandwiches I've had. So good.

StuffinCups and ChiliTacos like this.
  20. CobraKidJon

I can’t have that :(

Ken likes this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

StuffinCups likes this.
  22. CobraKidJon

I’m just glad someone is competing against Chick Fil A so I can avoid them now.

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I always liked the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich better than the chick-fil-a one.

StuffinCups and Arry like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

My local popeye's doesn't do sandwiches so I can't answer

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

StuffinCups and LightWithoutHeat like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.