Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1198

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15640965220885894451857258172090.jpg

Yeah I made a thing!

2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

god bibimbap is so good. i can probably just eat soybeans + rice as a meal and be satisfied. a great meal to meal prep too. was it too salty?

Ken and K0ta like this.
  3. K0ta

Yes I made most of the dishes last night! Super great to have on hand for the week. It ended up not being too salty after it sat, and with the rice it was perfect :) I was pretty happy with it! Definitely room for improvement though.

Arry, Ken and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  4. marissalg

Trusted

finally got around to trying this and damn they KILLED it.

5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

StuffinCups and K0ta like this.
  6. K0ta

Thank you! I need your plating expertise :crylaugh:

jorbjorb and Ken like this.
  7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I think you nailed it!

StuffinCups, K0ta and jorbjorb like this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Does this sound good: I was thinking of picking up some pork chops and stuffing them with goat cheese, diced peaches, and some cherry peppers or Fresnos (if I can find them). Then I thought of making a peach, bacon fat, and champagne vinegar vinaigrette, and serving it all with Brussels sprouts & potatoes. Maybe I could roast those together and toss them in the vinaigrette? Hmm. I could make a warm "potato salad" with the Brussels sprouts, potatoes, crumbled goat cheese, diced peppers... toss that in the vinaigrette and sever it with the stuffed pork chops? Does this sound crazy? I can't tell if combining all of these ingredients is too much, too repetitive, or even a good combination? I suppose I'm repeating the flavors too much. I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

that sounds horrible.

Arry and Ken like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

StuffinCups and jorbjorb like this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

actually sounds amazing.

Mr. Serotonin and Ken like this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

do you see my dilemma though? lol odds are I am overthinking it.

StuffinCups and jorbjorb like this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

That's Art imo. I do like to keep it simple though because I suck.
    Garlic roasted potatoes and steaks tonight for me.

Mr. Serotonin and Ken like this.
  14. K0ta

The only thing I'm weary about it stuffing it with peaches, the goat cheese and cherry peppers sounds good and the peach vinaigrette sounds good! But idk I guess I'm afraid it would be too much? But I think incorporating the fruit somewhere sounds good.

Ken and jorbjorb like this.
  15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

there's nothing wrong with that. Lately I've been on a kick of par-boiling potatoes and then sauteeing them in an absurd amount of butter, garlic, and parsley.

Hmm. You raise a good point. Might be too much peach. Thanks!

StuffinCups, K0ta and jorbjorb like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I would lose the goat cheese but I also don't like goat cheese

Arry, Ken and jorbjorb like this.
  17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I could use a brie or a Camembert instead of the goat cheese. However, my better half might be pushing for an Italian dinner... pork chops stuffed with prosciutto & fontina and a lemon, white wine, butter sauce.

StuffinCups likes this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Goat cheese and peaches sounds heavenly to me.

The Lucky Moose and Ken like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Every time I went to Arnhem, a city nearby, I went to the same place that I low key hated because it was too expensive and the service was bad and the food was only decent, because I was too lazy to look for anything that meats the requirements of me and my girlfriend. I literally left the place annoyed every time. It closed last year however so I was freed.

20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Goat cheese and watermelon is also good

coleslawed, Ken and Kiana like this.
  21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

feel like there’s a few Michael Shannon heads on here

Ken likes this.
  22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think I'm going to make it a goal to make one vegan dessert a week.... Or month. Haven't decided yet lol. I'm looking at different recipes that have common ingredients aka not hard to find and expensive vegan substitutes. Desserts look easiest and fun to me!

23. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

pie is good to make vegan. and it's berry + cherry season! all you really need is vegan butter. crisco has vegetable shortening to help with the flakey crust. vegan cinnamon rolls are possible too.

this past weekend, we made fresh pasta, vegan mushroom bolognese and short rib bolognese with some sourdough garlic breadsticks from the sourdough discard i had. i need the whole week to sleep it off.

24. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I'm headed to NY meeting with a group of my old college buddies and our families this weekend and I offered up to make dinner for everyone (16-18 ppl) on Saturday and I'm struggling a little bit on what to make. I want to do something that doesn't require too much attention so that I can hang out during the day and not leave my wife to watch both our kids so trying to think of things that I can make ahead of time or kind of leave alone for the cooking. I want to do mostly things that can be cooked on a grill too since everyone will be hanging out outside and I don't want to be in the kitchen by myself.

I'm thinking of doing a pork roast, either sous vide or reverse-sear, so I can leave it for a few hours and then just finish it on the grill, with a pork chutney but not sure what else to do that would go with it. Maybe a grilled potato salad? Grilled cabbage with a yogurt dressing? This is the part I'm struggling with. I'm hoping to find a farmers market nearby and get some things that are in season right now

Ken likes this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Slow roast a leg of lamb

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.