Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1197

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. AKali19 Jul 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2019)
    AKali19

I've been to a filipino friend's house and just ate something very interesting. I can't remember what it's called but it was really good. Also tried puff fried pork rinds and pork intestines.

2. AKali19

I've been to a filipino friend's house and just ate something very interesting. I can't remember what it's called but it was really good. Also tried puff fried pork rinds and pork intestines.

3. Dog with a Blog

My sister did a thing.

coleslawed, K0ta and Ken like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

this looks amazing dude

Joe, K0ta and Ken like this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

thanks! those are definitely two of my better looking posts.

StuffinCups, K0ta and jorbjorb like this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm assuming you just season the steaks with salt and pepper right? The marbling on those look amazing.

Ken likes this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Most of the time, yeah.

The Denver cut makes for one hell of a steak.

StuffinCups and jorbjorb like this.
  9. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

[​IMG]

I can’t believe I came out of retirement for this shit.

Sigh.

I can’t be fucked to remember the format of these things anymore or to bother to look for an old one, so here it goes…

Food Item: I have seen this dumbass burger marketed as both the “Grand Extreme McBacon Burger” and the “Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger.” Both names are stupid. There is nothing grand nor “mcextreme” about this burger. Why are there so many fucking adjectives? They seem to be taking this off their website, or my job is blocking my internet access to McDonalds. Every time I click on the link it says they are doing maintenance which means they are hopefully purging themselves of this embarrassment.

Location: Service plaza, I-90W out of Boston. There were a fuckton of people there and somehow I still got a cold burger. It was as if they only made one of the Bacon McBurger Extreme (BMX for short) and they just sort of fished it out of whatever back corner it was hiding in.

Appearance: There were so many fucking onions it was like I was eating at white castle. There was a bed of fucking white onions underneath the bun when I picked the burger up. It was also leaking a disturbing amount of what looked like thousand island dressing or standard Big Mac sauce but what the internet tells me is something called McBacon sauce which is supposed to taste smoky and presumably like bacon. It did not. It somehow, despite being everywhere, tasted like nothing. It was only an unpleasant oily texture. Fuck, I’m already getting ahead of myself into taste. Also there were two pieces of bacon, one which had extricated itself from the burger and was huddled in the corner of the box. I saved him for last and he was probably the best part of the whole experience. The two pieces of “gouda” (I’m putting that in quotations for a reason) also seemed like they were trying to slide away.

Smell: I don’t even know. Can you discern smells at McDonalds? My whole car smells like it but I’m not really sure what it is. It’s like nostalgia and grease and despair. Everything smells like it.

Taste: Look, I’m not gonna lie, I was pretty excited about this thing. The wife and I have stopped eating meat at home and really only eat meet if we are traveling or someone else is cooking for us. So, we really haven’t had a reason to stop at McDonald’s. But driving home from Logan was the perfect excuse. My wife got a double cheeseburger, no onions, no pickles, (next time you’re at McDonald’s ask for no onions and look at what it displays on the screen, McDonald’s does not give a fuck. Who rehydrates onions? Why is that a thing that can even happen?) and it was infinitely better than the Grand McXtreme BurBacon thing. The sauce tasted of nothing, there were so many onions, the cheese appeared to be sweating disconcertingly, and IT WAS FUCKING COLD. THE CHEESE WAS SWEATING AND THE BURGER WAS COLD. THINK ABOUT THAT. I don’t know when I’m going to eat meat next. Why did I waste my opportunity on this? There were other places in the fucking service plaza! I could have eaten at Sbarro or this weird place that served lobster rolls. A shitty service plaza lobster roll, I am certain, would have been better than the McGrand Burger Bacon Extreme. At least the lobster roll would be cold ON FUCKING PURPOSE.

Final Thoughts: This is offensive to Spain. I’m not quite sure how, but it is. Also, fuck off McDonalds, putting cheese and bacon on French fries does not make them Australian. Slap a boomerang and a kangaroo tail on there and just fucking lean into this absurd marketing ploy. Also, don’t put mozzarella and tomatoes on a chicken sandwich and pretend it’s from Canada. At least Burger King had the decency to admit they were just making an unbelievably shitty chicken parm when they keep recycling their version back onto the menu. The only item on this stupid gimmick menu I might be willing to let slide is the stupid stroopwafel McFlurry. That seems hard to fuck up. Even the single packaged stroopwafel that I was given on my flight was pretty okay.

Score: Uno out of Diez (because of Spain or whatever)

10. Dog with a Blog

Dude I watched the Reviewbrah video on this and he trashed it but I still felt compelled to go and man....I should have listened to him. It was bad and weirdly...bitter??? Major disappointment

Justice Beaver, coleslawed and Ken like this.
  11. Counterpoint: all of the items on the international menu are good

12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the King returns.

Justice Beaver likes this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so i’m going to Chicago for 2-ish days for work next week. where do I eat? Au Cheval is on the list.

14. Pequod’s

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Pizzeria da Nella or whatever it’s called now for non deep dish

coleslawed likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The Stroopwafel McFlurry really is a staple of Dutch McDonald’s

17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

you ever have a place where sometimes you’ll crave it and you finally go and it feels like every time is a disappointment so you don’t know why you keep going because that is me

18. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

That's me every time I go to McDonald's

marissalg, coleslawed and Ken like this.
  19. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Ken likes this.
  20. I never got this far in debate club. I concede.

dadbolt, Ken and coleslawed like this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

welcome back bud

Justice Beaver and Ken like this.
  22. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15640189088183462307285761150447.jpg

I'm cooking bibimbap for a friend tomorrow and I've prepared the sides ahead of time! The meat is marinating. It feels like it took me forever to do this, my inexperience always shows in my disorder during prep time haha. Not pictured: Bean sprouts I already put in the fridge.

Also I may have oversalted a couple of the dishes but hoping the rice will mask that :X

23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, haven't had bibimbap in a while, that needs to change very soon.

Ken and K0ta like this.
  24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

what to make for dinner tomorrow :chin::chin::chin:

StuffinCups and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i want ramen soooo bad but i am being lazy and waiting till my weekend which is sunday/monday

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.