Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1192

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Who the hell is Mike Chen? lol

StuffinCups likes this.
  3. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

He has a very popular YouTube channel called Strictly Dumpling. He has a lot of great food content but sometimes his personality makes me want to punch him in the throat.

He's like so uncomfortably wholesome sometimes that I feel like he's overcompensating for some like real deviant shit.

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Sounds like someone I know :seeno:

Him being a Youtuber explains why I don't know anything about him haha

StuffinCups and Justice Beaver like this.
  5. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Yo, you gotta get on the YouTube food game. There's a bunch of really great shit.

Bon Appetit is really knocking it out of the park with their content.

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  6. Ken Jun 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2019)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm completely oblivious to cooking shows on youtube outside of what gets posted here. Those videos are fun, but I never feel compelled to watch them or seek out more content. If you have a specific video or two, I'd love to check them out.

StuffinCups likes this.
  7. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

I get ya, I just appreciate the format for being short, things I can squeeze in between other things during my day. I don't often have time to sit and watch a half an hour or hour cooking show. I really want to watch The Chef Show, and Salt Fat Acid Heat, etc. but I never have enough time.

I think Bon Appetit is doing a lot of cool things, especially with the guests that they bring on. There's a show called "It's Alive" about fermentation and things of that sort that I really enjoy and it's hosted by this guy Brad Leone who is wonderful. All of their content creators are pretty great though and they've started branching into more long-form things. They have a series now where they try to create the "perfect" pizza, going through each step from the dough to the sauce to the toppings. I really enjoyed it.

I really love Binging with Babish. It's just an average home cook trying to recreate dishes from popular culture. He's really blown up lately and has branched out into other more serious ventures which I also enjoy but it's always fun to watch him make ludicrous things like Milk Steak with Jellybeans from Always Sunny.

I think Strictly Dumpling is worth checking out just because he does a really good job of showing off street food of various cultures. I do find him a bit grating at times, but it doesn't quite ruin the enjoyment of seeing all of the food.

I appreciate the things that First We Feast are doing. If there's a guest I like on Hot Ones I'll usually check that out. They've had some interesting additional series that have fizzled out but some of them were worth checking out. I liked some of the episodes of The Curry Show and there are some cool Sean in the Wild episodes. I'm really meh on The Burger Show. I don't know why. I don't mind Alvin Cailan (and I love Eggslut) but there's just something that doesn't click for me in those shows and I can never quite put my finger on it.

Eater has some really great content as well. They used to have a show called "Dining on a Dime" that had a great host and they visited a lot of really cool smaller places. I don't think they still make the show anymore. But they also have a really cool series called "Prime Time" that follows a whole animal butcher. I also like "The Meat Show" which is all things meat.

And I like a lot of the content on Munchies. Their stuff with Action Bronson is sometimes cool, though Action Bronson gets on my nerves a bit. They have a new show with their test kitchen manager, Farideh, and she makes some pretty rad stuff.

Holy hell this was an essay.

8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I edited my post because I thought it was too long haha.

I'll give those channels a shot! Thanks for all the info!

StuffinCups likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Ken likes this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

11. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Ken likes this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

StuffinCups and Justice Beaver like this.
  13. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

I'm tempted to try this at home, saute some mushrooms and throw some cheese wiz on a Wendy's bacon cheeseburger.

coleslawed, Ken and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I dare you

Ken likes this.
  15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@Ken heading back to A.C. this week. Have quite a few stops I need to make. Def hitting Dock's for HH though, that's for damn sure.

Ken likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Do it!!!

If you can, get there right at 4 or a few minutes after. The downstairs bar is usually full by 4:30. The raw oysters and clams are incredible. So is the crabmeat cocktail. The crabmeat is massive. All of the steamed/cooked oysters and clams dishses look good, but the one I highly recommend are the oysters parmesan. Seemed so weird to me but I ordered a few and they are awesome. Last thing I'll say is the lobster mac and cheese looks outrageous but I haven't tried it.

[​IMG]

17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

[​IMG]

so once again, i didn't listen to any of you. lol. live or frozen crawfish is hard to find in seattle and it isn't crab season quite yet.. overall it was kinda pricey to do a low country boil. so i went with steak and shrimp since costco had a warehouse sale!! reverse seared steak, shrimp scampi, smashed crispy potatoes and grilled veggies.

i had prepped the kebabs, shrimp, and seasoned the steak the night before. put the steak in the oven while i grilled the veggies. infused some garlic, rosemary, and thyme butter to pour all over the veggies, meat and potatoes. we had two full kitchens up and downstairs the airbnb so it was nice to have ovens to keep food warm while i grilled everything off.

so good.. we had so much seafood this past weekend. i might be oystered out for a month

18. K0ta Jun 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2019)
    K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

So my sister was invited to create and cook a menu for a Salvador Dali themed party on Saturday. She was inspired by the cookbook he put out and created a menu that was both delicious and creepy as was requested by the host. The kicker was that at the end of the party the dessert was topped with acid (the drug). I wanted to share because it was so insanely different, probably won't see another thing like it (and I am not sure I want to:crylaugh:). Believe it or not, for as gross as the food might look, the frog legs and meat pie in particular were huge successes. My sister made almost everything herself, if you have any questions please let me know because my descriptions are shit as I am not a chef.

Imgur Image

Roasted chickens with chicken feet.

Imgur Image

Frog legs with garlic infused butter.

Imgur Image

Half the spread (there were two other tables but I did not get pictures).

Imgur Image

Apricot jelly topped with gold leaf (this got the acid added with a dropper).

Imgur Image

Play on 1000 year old eggs, baby quail eggs rolled in burnt scallion ash.

Imgur

Pigeon pie, GoT inspired.

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

looks delightful! those shrimp look like a nice size

K0ta, StuffinCups and Arry like this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This is amazing. Your sister is a legend! I want some acid dessert.

StuffinCups and K0ta like this.
  21. K0ta

Thank you! All the people who attended also dressed up like it was some fucked up masquerade aha, we left right after dessert was served so who knows how weird it got.

coleslawed, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Sort of like this?
    [​IMG]

Haha, but seriously, that sounds really interesting. I wish I could get invited to a party this unique.

23. K0ta

Pretty close actually xD One girl painted eyes on her face, another had a necklace of baby doll heads, you get the idea.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Haha I'm sorry, I can't help myself.

It's probably for the best that you left at a reasonable time.

StuffinCups, coleslawed and K0ta like this.
  25. K0ta

Lmao honestly we thought it might get weird so we washed dishes QUICK

Ken likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.