Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1191

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Dog with a Blog

@Ken just out of curiosity, how long was the time between when he said he’d send the sauces and you got them?

Ken likes this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Honestly, I can’t remember. I didn’t realize he had my address so I wasn’t expecting it at all. I was completely surprised.

3. Dog with a Blog

So long enough for you to forget. That’s enough for me

dadbolt, coleslawed and Ken like this.
  4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

protesting mcdonalds for taking out the hot n spicy mcchicken

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Roast them then toss with toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and blue cheese.

riotspray, Kiana and Ken like this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I don’t know if sambal is a thing where you live (though I’m sure you can find it), but brussels sprouts and sambal go great together. Boil them first until they’re soft enough but not too soft and then put them in a frying pan with olive oil and sambal and cook them until the have the color/consistency you want them to have.

Ken and Justice Beaver like this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

Alternatively you can do the same with chopped chilli instead of sambal. I have a recipe from a Dutch cook book that does that, but together with the sprouts it also boils and cooks potatoes cut in the size of the sprouts. Very good.

Ken likes this.
  8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I’m finally doing it and taking off from work early to put my name down for a table at the infamous Lucali here in Brooklyn. I’m ready for some of the best pizza of my life tonight.

9. underwaterknifefight

Downfall of MCD'S

10. sean_rugy Jun 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2019)
    sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

oh. my. god. one of the best meals I’ve had in this city. we got a plain pie and calzone with pepperoni, only two things on the menu for the night. the pizza was out of this world and the calzone was simply perfect. the whole process for getting a table was not that bad, certainly helped that it was a rainy monday. and to top it all off Mark, the owner, came around to check on us and talked to my friend and I for a bit.

I cannot wait to go back.

988375AE-303C-4067-8FA7-056A186C70F4.jpeg

2250E201-EADF-4624-AE24-D5D3CAF6D900.jpeg

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

So for years chocolate would bug my throat. It'd make my throat all scratchy and feel thick to swallow and give me migraines but lately it's not bothering me so much?? So I've been eating more which is great but I do not appreciate the other random junk they shove in there sometimes like caramel and marshmallow like just give me a tower of regular brownies and we're all good.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15602192885877667580210407810268.jpg

Katsudon and miso soup

13. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I've been watching The Chef Show and really enjoying it, it's pretty fun. I'm way more interested in Roy's insight into dishes and restaurants than in seeing the celeb cameos though. So far the episode with the Thai dishes has been my favorite.

riotspray, The Lucky Moose and Ken like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Is this that new Netflix show?

StuffinCups likes this.
  15. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. They make pretty much all the recipes from the movie too which is pretty cool to see

Ken likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

Roy as in Roy Choi? I need to get to that if so

j0hnnyrt, BlueEyesBrewing and Ken like this.
  17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yup. It's pretty much just him and Jon Favreau cooking together and with other celebs/chefs

coleslawed, Ken and The Lucky Moose like this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I dig some of the celebrity appearances more than others. Bill Burr was cool (but I'm already a fan) and Robert Rodriguez seems like a chill guy, wouldn't mind hanging out at his place and eating some homemade pizzas. Enjoyable show all around.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

Found this in a cook book I have had for years. I decided to try it because it is so different. It’s mozzarella, covered in creme fraiche, lemon juice, finely cut lemon skin, finely cut chilli, olive oil, chopped fresh oregano (the book recommends marjoram, but I can rarely get that here), salt and pepper. It was very good. Very fresh. Also very easy and fast.

I ate it with tomato salad, bean salad, some green salad, some antipasti and bread.

It would probably be very good on a roasted slice of bread too.
    747D2F4C-2DE3-48DB-92B1-86131DADF2FB.jpeg

20. marissalg

Trusted

I can’t stop making this. Chili honey on pizza and this grilled cheese has honestly been life changing.

21. The Lucky Moose

Holy shit garlic naan grilled cheese. I never would have thought of that. I’m going to try that. Thanks.

Dirty Sanchez, marissalg and Ken like this.
  22. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

A little late, but my favorite YouTube cooking channel is Grandpa Kitchen. Watch it the next time you need a pick me up.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Gonna sub to this thread. I need some new ideas.

Ken likes this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

StuffinCups and Randall Mentzos like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.