Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1186

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Can anyone recommend any Food channels on Youtube that are worth checking out? I've watched almost every First We Feast and Munchies show.

Been absolutely obsessed with Frank Pinello's The Pizza Show.

Ken likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Huang's World used to be a YouTube show before it went to Viceland (and got cancelled) and I think all that stuff is still up. That's a good show, both the YouTube and the Viceland episodes. It's food-based at least.

coleslawed, Arry, Ken and 1 other person like this.
  3. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

The Pizza Show is wonderful, I wish he would make more episodes.

I'm a big fan of a lot of the Bon Apetit videos, particularly It's Alive with Brad and Pastry Chef attempts to create X. I also watch most of the Binging with Babbish videos

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

@The Lucky Moose Is that Eddie Huang's show? I've seen a couple of his shows that he had with First We Feast. Ill check out the VIceland one though.

@BlueEyesBrewing I wish he would do more too. It's one of my absolute favorite food shows and he's a great host. I appreciate the recs, I'll check those out today!

Ken and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I've plugged him elsewhere on this site but I will do so again:

Strictly Dumpling

Love this guy, goes all over the world and eats food, much of his content being in Asia.

I follow a ton of bloggers in Japan in particular so if you are at all interested in that I can recommend more. A lot of the content is food based even if the channels aren't 100% food.

ChiliTacos, Ken and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Sounds interesting! I was a huge fan of Anthony Bourdain's shows, so this sounds up my alley. Thanks!

K0ta and Ken like this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

Yes it is. Basically the seasons on YouTube and Viceland are the same though in terms of format, except the that Viceland episodes had a bigger budget. But yeah you can start wherever. It’s culture and food mixed. You can watch any episode really. The Seoul one is great, as is Sicilly. I remember those two the most at least. The Youtube seasons have some episodes that aren’t as great as others, but all are good.

coleslawed, Ken and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Also, these are on Netflix and not Youtube, but if you haven't seen Ugly Delicious; Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat; or Cooked I highly recommend them too. As well as Mind of a Chef and most of the Chef's Table episodes

coleslawed, SEANoftheDEAD and K0ta like this.
  9. K0ta

I love food shows that also highlight the culture around the food so I am often drawn to channels like that! Nobody could do it like Anthony did but that kind of storytelling is so captivating to me and he has a lot to do with that.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

If you haven't watched Huang's World you should too in that case

coleslawed, SEANoftheDEAD and K0ta like this.
  11. K0ta

I haven't so thank you for the suggestion, I will check it out!

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I loved Ugly Delicious and Cooked but haven't seen the other ones you mentioned.

13. The Lucky Moose May 30, 2019
    (Last edited: May 30, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

Chef's Table has some good episodes. It's a little pretentious in a way haute cuisine and especially media around haute cuisine often is, but still. From season one I especially recommend Niki Nakayama, Dan Barber and Massimo Bottura. Nikki Nakayama runs a fascinating restaurant. In general those three episodes are really inspiring to me as someone who is toying with the idea of becoming a restaurateur.

LightWithoutHeat and Ken like this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

Ken likes this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm drinking a smoothie rn, is that food?

ChiliTacos likes this.
  17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Joe likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Marty Matheson’s show on there was great, too.
    second all of these.
    What’s Eating Dan from Cook’s Illustrated/America’s Test Kitchen is another one to check out, and Epicurious does some good videos, too.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone have any quick (30min or less) and simple recipes they use during the week? I've found myself in a rut lately just making the same few things over and over again since I know them and can make them easily when I get out of work. But now my wife and I are getting bored of eating the same things all the time so looking for a spark to get back to enjoy cooking again. Bonus points if they could be something picky kids would eat too haha

Ken likes this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

any food/allergy restrictions?

StuffinCups likes this.
  22. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

No allergies, just some pickiness haha

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

What are your typical meals?

We like to make turkey tacos most weeks.

We also like to get romaine, caesar dressing, croutons, and cook chicken/pork/salmon/frozen shrimp for a simple meal. To mix it up we'll coat the protein in cajun seasoning so it's blackened.

24. The Lucky Moose

I found this one maybe a year ago and have eaten it roughly a million times. I adapted the recipe a little by "cooking" (I somehow don't know which word one would use in English) some garlic in the olive oil before adding the passata, capers and lemon zest. I also sometimes add some sweetener later on (sugar or agave nectar).

Pasta with capers and tomatoes | Jamie magazine recipes

I have used capers that were in vinegar and capers that were in water. I prefer water.

25. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.