Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1180

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

did I miss the subs talk

because hot take subs are bad well at least for me

2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i will say that the baking steel is amaaaaazing. lol i've never had a pizza stone so i can't compare the two but i think it's pretty important to get a cronchy crust. it's heavy af and you kinda have to season it a lil like a cast iron but if you bake a lot (which i've been getting into lately) then it's definitely worth it. so thanks guys for convincing me!

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

what

4. CobraKidJon

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I know what you said.

Thats just one hot take that's a little too hot for me lol

coleslawed, supernovagirl and Ken like this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Not just chains? As in if you're a local place and you serve sandwiches... you're bad?

StuffinCups likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

idk I have been to a bunch of places and just never really cared for sandwiches at all.

it’s like the one thing where I’m super picky.

8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Don't you like burgers and hot dogs? those are sandwiches too.

StuffinCups and coleslawed like this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

IDK if it's because I live 20 mins outside of Philly or because I grew up on bringing hoagies onto the beach or because I'm surrounded by amazing mom and pop shops....but I LOVE me some sandwiches/subs/hoagies/whatever you wanna call em

coleslawed, sean_rugy and Ken like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Same. I have about 15 places within 20 minutes of me to go get a sandwich better than anything I've ever had at a chain.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah absolutely man, same with where I live. Plus living right by Philly, we're spoiled too. There's a good sandwich spot on almost every block.

Ken likes this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

It's insane. Sandwiches and pizza. My friends who live out west always complain they can't find good new york/philly style pizza (although Arizona does have some of the best pizza in the country, most of that is neapolitan pizza) or hoagies. What's their best option? California pizza kitchen? Yikes.

It's pretty much a guarantee that if a place advertises they're making "Philly cheesesteaks" and not just "cheesesteaks" they're probably gonna be garbage.

StuffinCups and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  13. CobraKidJon

that could probably be it tbh. I’m so used to everything else besides true sandwich places so I kinda ignored them.

Ken likes this.
  14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I was just having this convo with a friend over the weekend. He was in Florida and said there was all these places advertising "Philly Cheesesteaks". So he tried one and said it was a disgrace to the name haha.

And yeah we're lucky to have so many amazing places on the east coast. Although they do have us beat when it comes to Mexican food.

Edit: If California Pizza Kitchen was my best option for pizza I'd be very very sad

Ken likes this.
  15. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I've always liked CPK :speakno:

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I used to get a ham and shrimp pizza there too

Arry and Ken like this.
  18. CobraKidJon

no lie back when I was younger the Carne Asada CPK pizza just was so good.

I haven’t been back in a long time so I don’t even know if it exists anymore.

19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My dad is in town so I was semi-forced to go dinner with him. It was mediocore “Italian” food, but they were blasting an Eros Ramazotti playlist which definitely makes any Italian food taste about three times better.

Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Prosciutto and burrata should be illegal they’re too fucking good. Especially together with a little olive oil and salt and pepper on a super thin crostino.

StuffinCups, coleslawed and marissalg like this.
  21. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15558859760898640711802118579986.jpg

15558860242738256287574496395083.jpg

Do we have enough dessert?

Ken, Joe, Arry and 6 others like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

K0ta and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. marissalg

Trusted

BE475996-324D-4D82-B017-A4DAE8DFBBB0.jpeg

Made my first yeast bread ever today and it was actually so easy and such a hit with my family. Half Baked Harvest put up a recipe for honey brioche with a step by step video and it wasn’t a lot of work at all. It was flaky on the outside and sooo soft and airy on the inside. I put some cinnamon sugar on the inside too and it really made it perfect. It would be perfect for French toast.

Joe, Arry, Mr. Serotonin and 3 others like this.
  24. CobraKidJon

this is a very good video

25. Dog with a Blog

Jesus. Just ordered a side of onion rings not realizing they’d be so fucking massive lol

63D71D91-F2CC-4F16-BC0F-6882B9351562.jpeg

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.