Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Food • Page 1165

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Timmiluvs, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I forget to use untappd all the time. I don't know about liquor but my wife has some app on her phone for wine that she occasionally uses.

Ken likes this.
  2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

we're all snowed in thru the week so might as well make some homemade pho. they didn't have oxtail for stock so i had to make do with just regular beef bones. there's brisket and short rib hiding in there but it's pretty good! 2nd time making it, and it's definitely better than the first. next time, i gotta add more beef bones and cloves

[​IMG]

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

got a subscription to NYT cooking, very very excited to start trying some of the recipes!

Arry, SEANoftheDEAD and Ken like this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Welcome haha

ChiliTacos likes this.
  5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I could never justify the $40, but $20 seemed doable so I went in on it with a friend. After browsing around for awhile I feel like I shoulda just plopped down the $40 a long time ago haha.

Ken likes this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I pay month to month so it’s not that bad, but they have some great recipes and the comments/reviews are actually intelligent and constructive

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My long awaited oven turned out to be defective lol

8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Man Ive always wanted to do this but I'm so bad at remembering to log. Guess all the beers have something to do with that..

BlueEyesBrewing and Ken like this.
  9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Arry

give me your NYT recipe recommendations! i still have a subscription since i wanted to see how to make empanadas, but i need more recommendations!

Ken likes this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

12. The Lucky Moose

Red Lentil Soup With Lemon Recipe

Don’t have a subscription, but we made this today and it’s really good. I make a lot of different lentil soups and this one is great and easy.

13. Ken Feb 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2019)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

14. Arry

Ken likes this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

SEANoftheDEAD, Ken and Arry like this.
  16. Arry

Ken likes this.
  17. Arry

decided to get a wok and it's so much stupid work for the initial seasoning. it's worse than a cast iron. haven't used it yet but i'm hoping it's worth it

Ken likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I use my wok for A LOT of stuff, including many pasta sauces etc. It’s one of the greatest tools there is.

Ken, Petit nain des Îles and Arry like this.
  19. Arry

that's good to hear. i just had trouble getting the initial protective oil off but it's baking in the oven and looking good. i'm excited.

20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I bought a carbon steel wok last year and made some fried rice on it, but stupidly added way too much rice so I could't move it around and absolutely burnt the shit out of things. Now there are a few sections of crud that I could not get off so I haven't touched it since.

Arry and Ken like this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I was given a non-stick wok when I was first learning how to cook. I don't really use it anymore. Now if I want to make fried rice I just use my cast iron skillet.

Arry likes this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

WTF! That ranking is horrible. How can they have Five Guys as the best? And Popeyes so low?!?

Ken likes this.
  24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Apparently it's just one idiot's ranking and not the culmination of the LAT food writers (some of whom are pretty intelligent), which is what I expected at first.

25. Arry Feb 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2019)
    Arry

Omfg I had this exact reaction. I don’t get the hype for five guys fries. Maybe it’s the quantity you get?? But I need my fries to have form and crispness. At least they got McDonald’s right

Ken likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.